IGNORED

New kawasaki

hunter 1500

I think any thing new you see from Yamaha will be a big V twin. I would like to see them put the V max engine (tuned down for better gas milage) in the Venture and a RSTD type bike but I doubt that we will. Most people want that V twin sound like the Harley. I like the RSTD and will keep it for a long time but if this bike had been out there I would have looked hard at it.

+1

I love my V4.

This new Kwak looks like the best selling Harleys (Street Glide / Road Glide).

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/find-the-one.html

I love the look, not the functionality.

The passenger needs a backrest and I want more storage.

$0.02

I don't think the bike is ment to be a two up bike. It's a solo bike IMO. My RSTD is a solo bike and most everything I added on is already on that bike ie satalite radio, fairing. I also like the instrument panel a lot.

I am kinda toying with the idea of doing something next spring with my RSTD. I like my tour deluxe alot, but not so much I totally have to keep it. I want a full fairing etc. I do like the look of the HD. But I want liquid cooled and efi. So this bike definately gives me something to look at. I will be very interested if I do decide to do something. But if I do, I hope I will be accepted here, cause this is home after all you know......

I was in Vegas for the launch of Kawi's newest products this past week, and this one was kind of a dud, IMO. It's target market is the solo touring rider with some bucks to spend, and I think they will gravitate more to H-D or Victory anyway for a V-twin bike. The styling is nice, but I think they came up short in some key areas - no passing lamps, side opening bags (I personally hate em), and the stock seat is down right aweful. They offer a gel seat, but that one is hard as a rock too.

The home run intro new product was (strangely enough) their new 300HP jet ski. It's a monster. They signed Clint Boywer (#33 car) to do the endorsement of it, but it was intro'd a week after he was nailed for 150 points in the Chase for cheating. Talk about bad timing!!