IGNORED

bought another VR

bikerjohn51

I liked the first one so much ,I bought a second, my first "big" bike was the 88 VR, now just bought a 87 VR...... we will call it "HIS" and "HERS"....... except HER doesn't drive....oops... I guess I'll keep it around for a spare..... already have it stripped down to the frame and motor, rest in tupperware bins waiting for a "rainy day"...... the 87 is on the right

Guest Ken8143

Good for you. Are yoing to part HERS out or do fancy stuff to it? What fun.:thumbsup: You won't get cabin fever this winter like SOME PEOPLE do!:big-grin-emoticon:

Good for you Ken - and like you, I enjoy my 88VR so much (partly because of this forum and the members) that I also am looking for a second one. I'm putting on lots of miles and right now, there is no other (affordable) bike that I would rather own.

I needed some bits and pieces , and where I live, I had a hard time finding them ( besides the dealer), so my thinking that I will keep the 87 around for parts ( even though it ran great, when I tried it out for 2 days), until I can't hold the big bike up anymore and then part it out for others, here in Canada.......all the parts on Ebay seem to be in the states...... this way I have my own........................ but already looking for a deal on a third one, that way I can make 2 out of 3, and STILL have parts. as you say its addictive. JM

I just noticed that you live in Chatsworth. If I remember correctly that is the snow capitol of Southern Ontario. I remember going through there and most areas south of there as well as past there has a little snow but you had 6 feet... It was amazing and seems to be very local... Guess this gives you a good reason to stay inside and play with those parts..

Wayne