IGNORED

Did the audio plug clean thing...question?

Removed the fairing, (easy) and cleaned the audio plug with pin cleaner....if it happens again, what is the harm in doing away with the plug and soldering the wires together...seems like a permanent solution?.....

Well the obvious problem would be how permanent it is.. I know it's not very often you have to unplug everything but when it comes time to do the neck bearings for example, what then?

I had loose plugs before but with 4 pieces of zip ties was able to make a tightening harness for one of the plugs that cinched it up tight and resolved an issue or two..

I got a couple of emails from folks asking HOW to tighten the connection with 4 zip ties.. so I'll post it here also to help others who might be in need.. It works for me, but i didn't do it on the new warranty replacement radio yet.. erk!

You zip tie around each cable of the connector, a little loose so you can slip another zip tie between it and the cable.

Do up the cable connector.. Now, simply zip tie the previous two zip ties together which pulls the connectors tight together. To remove, simply snip off the last two you put on..

Does that make sense without a drawing?