IGNORED

Vendor Listing for 1st Gen VR

Ok folks I have a laundry list of things I want to do to my 89 VR but can't seem to find a consolidated list of vendors so I figured I would come here and seek out the experts. Here is an abreviated list of what I want to do:

1. Convert oil filter from cartridge to spin-on so I need a good source for the oil filter adapter.

2. Install highway pegs so I can get a breeze up the old pant legs; with the VR having a 7/8" tube I am struggling to find something that works.

3. Delete the stock exhaust collector so I can run a wide range of mufflers.

Go to Rivco for the adapter.

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/~rivcopro/products/product.php?productid=93&cat=431&page=1

Go to Kuryakyn for the highway pegs.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.Products/catID/18/scID/53

The exhaust collector may not be do-able, but if you succeed let us know.

BTW you engine guards are 1" not 7/8ths....

Go to Rivco for the adapter.

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/~rivcopro/products/product.php?productid=93&cat=431&page=1

Go to Kuryakyn for the highway pegs.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.Products/catID/18/scID/53

The exhaust collector may not be do-able, but if you succeed let us know.

BTW you engine guards are 1" not 7/8ths....

Thanks Condor,

These give me a good place to start. Good to know the tubing is 1" cause my measurements (however suspect they may be) showed 7/8" on the engine guards. The Kuryakyn stuff makes me drool but the price of their stuff brings me back to reality :yikes:

Now the Rivca stuff is quite reasonable and gave me additional ideas of things I can do with my scoot. Just need to convince Mrs. Warhammer :duck: I "need" this stuff. :mo money:

Got my highway pegs for under $25.00 at Rocky's a local after market motorcycle supplier. Seen they going on e-bay for $60.00. They are Chrome and Gold and says Yamaha in black letters. Seems like most after market accessories store should have them.

Have a local exhaust shop that says they believe they can make this replacement for my leaking collector this winter when I take mine off. I do not remember where I got this picture from.

Thanks Condor,

These give me a good place to start. Good to know the tubing is 1" cause my measurements (however suspect they may be) showed 7/8" on the engine guards. The Kuryakyn stuff makes me drool but the price of their stuff brings me back to reality :yikes:

Now the Rivca stuff is quite reasonable and gave me additional ideas of things I can do with my scoot. Just need to convince Mrs. Warhammer :duck: I "need" this stuff. :mo money:

Yep, we all have that problem except Boomer... he's got pigmy infestation....

On the Kurykyn i have to agree with you. Pricy from a dealer... But... all is not lost. I've picked up every bit of mine off Ebay. Some of the Ebay stuff is a little on the high side, but on the clean used items you can save a bunch...

Ok bear with me; what the H E double hockey sticks is "pigmy infestation".

It's an inside joke. You need to read the board posts a little more. Where's your sense of discovery... :)

On the note about Ebay; I have had several accounts on Ebay stretching all the way back to 1998 and I know the site well.

I've only had one account that dates back just as far. Sense you know the drill it's time to go find some cheap Kuryakyn highway pegs.... on Ebay... :thumbsup2:

Now that is what I need, I thought Markspipes or something like that carried something that would replace our collectors:confused24::think:

Skydoc you care to chime in and set me straight?:8:

You're not going to like the price... The last time I looked it was about as much as a used Royale. $800 bucks. I think he's saying he doesn't want to build them any longer, but will if someone wants to pony up the money...:mo money:

I see...... well I guess it time for me to get to know someone with a tubing bender, welder and sense of adventure. This CAN be done it is just a matter of time and money. I gots lots of time (well at least time to help suggest alternatives). Money is another story.:bawling: