IGNORED

AVG need some help

Thom

i have free AVG and i like it but , it scans at the wrong the time , anybody know how to turn off the auto scan ?? when it dos a scan it takes about 30 to 45 mins. and almost shuts down this old laptop , i would like to scan manuly only not auto .

thanks

thom

Hi, what Version do you use ??

I use 7.06

on the Umbrella in teh Systray, you choose start AVG, then open the Tab Scheduler.

There should be two Job, one is Update, the other is full Systemscan or something like that. In the last Column, you can de-activate the Job, or doubleclick it to modify the schedelud Time.

I use 7.06

Squeeze... I'm surprised your still getting updates ... is that the FREE version? Seems to me they stopped providing updates for that a while ago and forced everyone to upgrade to 7.5 free. ???

i have 7.5 505 , thank you Squeeze i got it turned off , i did not know what those 2 bars of info where .

I use 7.06

on the Umbrella in teh Systray, you choose start AVG, then open the Tab Scheduler.

There should be two Job, one is Update, the other is full Systemscan or something like that. In the last Column, you can de-activate the Job, or doubleclick it to modify the schedelud Time.

You can get AVG 7.5 free version. Only issue with it is it does tend to cause some things to load a bit slower but if you have a fast computer, you won't notice it. Mine is almost 6 yrs old I think.. AMD Athlon 1800 .. 1.53 Ghz, 512Mb RAM... this puppy still runs pretty quick & I have Windows XP, Office XP Pro, Corel Draw 9, & Visual Studio 5 loaded plus a few other smaller apps.

Well,

i don't know about the english Version, there might be a Difference. But i use Produktversion build 7.06.00.270 09/19/2007

Maybe only in german Version ?? And yes, it's the free Version. Comes with Root Kit Sniffer and everthing else ...

It updates everyday like it should ...

I get it from here .... www.free-av.de

I just checked their Site .... http://www.free-av.com/antivirclassic/index.html there is 7.06 ready for free Download

Well,

i don't know about the english Version, there might be a Difference. But i use Produktversion build 7.06.00.270 09/19/2007

Maybe only in german Version ?? And yes, it's the free Version. Comes with Root Kit Sniffer and everthing else ...

It updates everyday like it should ...

I get it from here .... www.free-av.de

I just checked their Site .... http://www.free-av.com/antivirclassic/index.html there is 7.06 ready for free Download

That's not the AVG program we're talking about.

This one is ---> http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/