IGNORED

New Stator

Rich99

It kind of depends on why it broke. If something was seized or old and despite the mehanics best efforts but was something the mechainc could not help, than that would only be fair .

But if it broke because the mechanic was careless, aggresive or just did not know what he was doing, then the mechanic should pay for it.

It kind of depends on why it broke. If something was seized or old and despite the mehanics best efforts but was something the mechainc could not help, than that would only be fair .

But if it broke because the mechanic was careless, aggresive or just did not know what he was doing, then the mechanic should pay for it.

I agree with saddlebum!!!! The trouble would be proving that it was his fault.....:bang head:

Brian

Well, that's what happened. Shearded the head off of a bolt holding a plate inside the case and wanted me to buy a new case first $475, but they managed to drill out the bolt and charged me 3 hrs. labor of which they knocked down to 2. They were the ones that put in the last one, so did there machanic get it too tight, again; I don't think I should have had to pay!! :confused24:

Well, that's what happened. Shearded the head off of a bolt holding a plate inside the case and wanted me to buy a new case first $475, but they managed to drill out the bolt and charged me 3 hrs. labor of which they knocked down to 2. They were the ones that put in the last one, so did there machanic get it too tight, again; I don't think I should have had to pay!! :confused24:

As long as they were the last ones in there and may have overtorqued the bolt, I don't think you should have to either. Or maybe they tried to remove a bolt that had loc-tite on it without heating it up. Either way the onus is on them..... Do you still have the work order from the last time??

Looked for it but couldn't find anything. I think I remember picking it up and not getting any paperwork because it was done under warranty.

If it was done under warantee Y should have a record. Even with warantee work you should have gotten a work order and receipt... ??

• 2 weeks later...

If you paid by credit card you have the right to dispute the charge through the card depending on the company the card is through. Call them and tell them you want to dispute the charge, can't hurt to try. Nothin' else get a posterboard and walk up and down in front of the shop for a while. Maybe the manager will come out and talk to you. Do this after you try to talk to him first.