IGNORED

Tell me about routes

Rick Haywood

OK I am leaving the Peoria, Il area Tuesday Morning the 21st to ride up to St Paul, MN to reconnect with a sister I have not seen in 31 years. I was wondering if anyone can suggest roads to ride up that way that are great for riding. I am planning on leaving around 6:30 am and do not need to be there until around 7:00 pm so want to enjoy my ride up. Doesn't have to be exactly the best way but want to see the sights on my way up and back. I will be returning Thursday the 23rd. Anyone not doing anything and want to ride a little bit let me know where to meet you and you and I can ride a ways up before you have to turn around. Any info will be great.

Thanks Rick

I like following the big river routes. I would recommend following the Mississippi River all the way up to Minnesota. I have attached a map that came from the State Of ILLinois tourist website. The scenery is very nice the closer you get to Galena. Never been to Minnesota so I can't say much about the scenery there but north of Moline thru Galena is very nice. :2cents:

FOLLOW THE RIVER! The Mississippi! # 52 Iowa side Davenport to Dubuque. Off #52 north side of Dubuque catch #C9Y take to #52 again (farther north). North on #52 to Guttenburg and follow signs for "Great River Road" to County #56. Just outside McGreagor stop at "Pike's Peak Park" enjoy the view.

Cross the river at McGreagor to Prairie Du Chien, WI then north on #35 follows river all the way to LaCrosse, WI

Just a start anyway.

Come on up to the Wisconsin leaf lookers weekend October 7th to the 10th! Will be FUN!

Bryan

Rick,

give me a call, i'm off tues, wed, thursday this week. we could meet along the road for breakfast and i could show you the river road route, and maybe have lunch in Balltown Iowa.

as others have stated, the river road and Pikes peak state park are very nice, a few of the venture riders and the wife and i, were just up there last weekend.

mike.