IGNORED

check out the newer website.

Guest Zachtcb

Guest Zachtcb

I actually bought the company that owned the lifesaver. It has been around for about 3 yrs. The people that owned the company before me had bad marketing. A guy in texas invented this product about 9 yrs ago. It is much more simple than the old owners realized. I love the part. I wouldnt ride without it. I believe that this is gonna change the way brakes work as we know it. What made you interested in this part?

Regards Zach

I actually bought the company that owned the lifesaver. It has been around for about 3 yrs. The people that owned the company before me had bad marketing. A guy in texas invented this product about 9 yrs ago. It is much more simple than the old owners realized. I love the part. I wouldnt ride without it. I believe that this is gonna change the way brakes work as we know it. What made you interested in this part?

Regards Zach

I'm always tinkering with stuff trying to improve on the original design and having good brakes on a bike is something I like. The 1st Gens (83-93 Ventures) in my opinioin leave alot to be desired in terms of braking and I mean alot I think the brakes are terrible. I like ABS brakes and hate linked brakes but with ABS your losing some stopping power. ( I'm not sure about BMW's latest ABS offering I hear its very good.) Your product seems a little different and I probably will try it. Of course now I have to rebuild the right side of my bike from a crash but I'm willing to try your product and see how it affects the terrible brakes on the 1st Gen.

I'm willing to try your product and see how it affects the terrible brakes on the 1st Gen.

1stGens terrible?? I thought mine did a great job of stopping. Maybe not the stopping power of a full blown ABS system, but they've never failed to keep me in control in any riding condition. I rebuilt the intire system on 83#1 about a year and a half ago, and it rocks!!

1stGens terrible?? I thought mine did a great job of stopping. Maybe not the stopping power of a full blown ABS system, but they've never failed to keep me in control in any riding condition. I rebuilt the intire system on 83#1 about a year and a half ago, and it rocks!!

Compared to other bikes I 've ridden I m not impressed.

Guest Zachtcb

I dont think that a bike should have electonic ABS. I agree it can help you control the bike but you have no control after you exceed a point in the braking sequence. Thats why I liked this part and had such interest. Its hydraulic, and the simplicity it has. It also gives you all the control over your system Through the whole braking sequence. But I don't think a motorcycle is heavy enough to use ABS to its full potential.

Regards Zach

Harleys Goldwings and K1200LT. I ride Roadking alot much better stopping and GW and BMW a couple of friends own and I've ridden. I think Yamaha could have done better. Small front rotors I use 2003 R6 front calipers with HH pads stock rear brake. Linked or unlinked I dont believe the stopping power of 1st Gen is that great. Maybe if I went to a bigger bore master cylinder on the front. Dont get me wrong I love the 1st Gen I really enjoy riding these but I guess I gotta live with the brakes.

DO you think it has to do with the weight of the bike for ABS to work properly?

Don't think weight has anything to do with it. It's like being a little bit pregnant. You either is or you ain't.. ABS either works, or it doesn't. It's function is to keep the brakes from locking up, and allows maximum traction between the tire and the road. Whether it's on a 300# rocket or an 800# cruiser. The 800# cruiser will have more traction due to weight and tire footprint, but that's strictly between the tire and the road..... not the ABS.

jim , what do think about steeling a 2nd front master cylinder , i have not looked at one real close , i know the bars are 1in. but can fix that . ????

I have a set of 2ndGen clutch and front brake masters stashed away for the '87. Just liked the looks of them over the stock 1stGens....... Planned on shimming the 7/8ths bars.

I have a set of 2ndGen clutch and front brake masters stashed away for the '87. Just liked the looks of them over the stock 1stGens....... Planned on shimming the 7/8ths bars.

Condor do you know the bore diameter in the 2nd Gen? Is it bigger than the 1st Gen? I know some guys used a Virago 750 master in place of the standard 1st Gen.