IGNORED

check out the newer website.

Guest Zachtcb

Don't think weight has anything to do with it. It's like being a little bit pregnant. You either is or you ain't.. ABS either works, or it doesn't. It's function is to keep the brakes from locking up, and allows maximum traction between the tire and the road. Whether it's on a 300# rocket or an 800# cruiser. The 800# cruiser will have more traction due to weight and tire footprint, but that's strictly between the tire and the road..... not the ABS.

Thinking about ABS I believe the computer sensors detect wheel lock up some bikes use (oh I forgot what its called) but its a plate with a bunch of holes in it attached to the wheel and the sensor attached to the fork I m not sure how its works maybe some sort of photo optic thing maybe or Harleys new system that looks like magnets embeded in the wheel. I agree with Condor I dont believe weight has anything to do with it just wheel spin or not.

the 2nd gens are 1in ?? i was thinking of using shims , if i can find a brake and clutch m/c off a 2nd gen i think they have the same wiring , on ebay there going for 195.00 used each and that ain't gonna happen , i'll find some a lot cheaper , i am also looking for some calibers from a r-6 but i think there made of gold :rotfl:and i am like you 1g's brakes aren't that great .

the 2nd gens are 1in ?? i was thinking of using shims , if i can find a brake and clutch m/c off a 2nd gen i think they have the same wiring , on ebay there going for 195.00 used each and that ain't gonna happen , i'll find some a lot cheaper , i am also looking for some calibers from a r-6 but i think there made of gold :rotfl:and i am like you 1g's brakes aren't that great .

R1 and R6 calipers are the same thing but for different years you need to find the ones with a blue star pattern like mine. New R1s are different now I believe the years 97-2001 R1 I think R6 went up to 2005 but look at the calipers they need to have the blue star not the yellow star. I got both of mine for a buy it now for 25 bucks I got lucky. Our bars are 7/8 at the handles I dont know about 2 Gen but I think they are 1".