IGNORED

Favorite Quote from a Harley Rider...

Motorpig

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, 4 pages, I just have to make a comment.

They just cost to much !! A motorcycle just ain't worth that much money !!

35K MSRP for an Ultra Glide ??

Jezzzz, I can buy a New RSV for that, and still have enough left to take a luxurey , 3 week trip around the world via a 747 for that much money. Or buy the RSV, and a New SUV!!

Last year I bought an 08 Chev TrailBlazer for 17K, with 8,000 miles on it. Think about it! 20 to 35K for a motorcyle, whatever brand it is ????? :bang head:

Guest human4m

You should ALL be ashamed of yourselves! Fighting over who is better, more reliable, better technology, comfortable ride, blah blah blah... AT LEAST YOU'RE RIDING! I think you guys should all just meet up, go for a ride, get some ice cream and wash the sand out of your va-jay jays.

I can't even afford a minibike... Hell, I can't even buy a bicycle!

(Then again, that's what I get for doin' what I did!)

Babies - an 18 year financial commitment.

:doh:

So, what do dogs and Harleys have in common?? They both like to ride in the back of a pick-up truck.....:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::smile5:[/

Thougt about replying regarding the originality of this post but.........

Never claimed it as original. Sometimes even I wonder where "I" came from!!

I absolutely love the looks of the Ultra and wanted one BAD! When my youngest child graduated high school, I went immediately to buy one (my last bike was a GW Interstate in the mid 80's). I stumbled out of the HD dealership, suffering from sticker shock, right into the Yamaha dealership across the road and bought the first RSV I seen on the floor. At nearly half the price of the Ultra, I was tickled. Would I pay the price asked for a 2011 RSV? NO WAY! I love the RSV, but someday would like to own an Ultra. I'll keep the RSV, of course. But would still love to have an Ultra.

Glenn

Never claimed it as original. Sometimes even I wonder where "I" came from!!

You are not the only one!!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This has been a great thread. I don't think any one is too upset and I love hearing all the different opinions. I'll have to admit money is a big factor when it comes to owning a Hardley but I bet I still know places I could pick a good Basket Case up. Trouble is they locked a lot of those boys up!! I think I'll stick with my 1st Gen.

Guest scarylarry
You should ALL be ashamed of yourselves! Fighting over who is better, more reliable, better technology, comfortable ride, blah blah blah... AT LEAST YOU'RE RIDING! I think you guys should all just meet up, go for a ride, get some ice cream and wash the sand out of your va-jay jays.

I can't even afford a minibike... Hell, I can't even buy a bicycle!

(Then again, that's what I get for doin' what I did!)

Babies - an 18 year financial commitment.

:doh:

Might want to rethink that one, college and then the wedding... Then dad can I borrow cause we are about to....

Never ends....

I'm a Harley owner, and RSV shopper. I love my Sportster, and have driven it from Sturgis to Atlanta without a windshield or faring. It has never let me down, and I expect that my soon to be purchased RSV will never let me down, either. I am not a rich man, and the Harley AND the new Venture are out of reach financially. I do love to ride, however, and the whole point is for me to get something the Chief Cheese can enjoy, too! That said, we are all a band of brothers, with a love of the road, the country, and lets face it, each other. I could give a rat's a** what you ride. The fact that you are a biker makes you special. I will judge you only by your character, not your machine.

Ya know WHY we Harley riders never wave? We'll lose our tools!:whistling:

The only guy in my area that rides more than me rides a 2001 Electra Glide Standard. It has 170,000 miles on it. Two years ago we were headed for Duluth MN. At that time he had about 130000 miles on it and iwas worried about how it would hold up. I had about 60000 on my Venture then. Guess who broke down. My radiator started leaking. Not a problem that the electra Glide would ever have. He and I went to Ark. this spring and i road my DR650. We were going to visit Hawksbill Krag which is 6 miles up a very rough road. Now he lives 2 miles down gravel and rides out almost every day so gravel doesn't bother him. I went up about 2 miles and waited. I didn't have to wait very long and he caught up. I asked how he was doing and he said he was having a blast so I rode the other 4miles. He wasn't to far behind me. I think in the 170000 miles he has had to replace the belt 2 or 3 times. Once it was because a rock got caught in it. He also gets 48 MPG with it. I had a 96 Sportster for a couple of years and never had a problem with it.

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad166/midnightventure/Memorial%20Day%20Ride%202010/CIMG0511.jpg