IGNORED

New and in search of an Answer!!

I've been a member for a few months but have never posted. My ? is this.. My (new to me) 89 venture has developed a problem. After my 2000 mi. trip to the Black Hills I noticed oil in the overflow tank. What would cause this? Blown Headgasket? Or is there another way? :confused24::confused24::confused24:

the oil could be comming from the waterpump housing or other places how much oil are you getting in the overflow?if its a small amount I would look at the water pump it is possible that it has been replaced and not sealed properly are you getting water in the oil? if not I would not suspect the head gasket

Jeff

What does it look like inside your air filter box? Is there coolant residue in the bottom, coming up the breather vent from the oval shaped "twinky" between the cyls?

I don't know what this means but it might be worth a look to see whats going on in there.

I had this happen once and concluded it was a leak in the "twinky". It went away when I used some SeaFoam. I never did get to understand what was going on.

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Brian H.

Just got back in town. Thanks for the input. At this point I'm waiting on new seals and gaskets for the water pump. As soon as I get them I'll install them and see if that was the problem. If not then on to the twinkie. Also what would you use to flush the cooling system of the oil residue.