IGNORED

seafoam, berrymans, and 44K...but how about startron?

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Ok, we have Seafoam, Berrymans, and 44K...but how about Startron?

I have a freind who swears by this stuff...says it has increased the mileage on his ElectraGlide from about 36 to about 39 mpg...a bit more power, and he's only adding a small amount out of a syringe to the fuel tank. One ounce treats 6 gallons of gas.

http://mystarbrite.com/startron//content/view/35/47/lang,en/

http://mystarbrite.com/startron//images/stories/product/family/family-gas-200.jpg

Anyone tried it yet?

Edited by tx2sturgis

I use Startron for winter storage. Give it a good dose of that and fill it up with Premium gas and park it for 4 months. Fires right up in the spring. Can't say if I increased my MPG as I run of the winter gas out and dose it with Seafoam and off I go for another season on regular gas.

What ever the reason I'm getting 43+ on and average and best to date MPG was 48 MPG on a 565 mile day.

Mike

I started using the Star Tron 2 weeks ago. Had been getting 43 mpg, on my ride Sunday I got 45mpg. This was on 2 lane roads with a lot of curves, switchback and mountain roads mainly. I use it now when ever I have to use gas with ethonal.

Don

:thumbsup: :bagpipes-emoticon:

Guest scarylarry
I started using the Star Tron 2 weeks ago. Had been getting 43 mpg, on my ride Sunday I got 45mpg. This was on 2 lane roads with a lot of curves, switchback and mountain roads mainly. I use it now when ever I have to use gas with ethonal.

Don

:thumbsup: :bagpipes-emoticon:

No ethonal in the Boro... :big-grin-emoticon:

Just ran my first tank through this weekend on my venture went from 42 to 46.3 miles per gallon, bike has never run better, idles smooth, definitely inpressed so far, going to see if any improvements on my Kawi. will post results as soon as I run this full tank out, may be a few days. Was told about this from another member.

Did a search on where to buy. and it says Wally World has it in the boating section,,,:confused24: Will have to take a peek. Also at my favorite Motorcycle Superstore "Tractor Supply" May be worth looking into.

I got really crappy mileage out of the Trike this past week end, but the 75/80 pound tongue weight might have had something to do with it......

Gallon size comes up at 100 bucks in the only on-line site I could find with price. Thats about twice Sea-Foam price.

Look at how much is used per gallon though. I believe you'll see that you use, quite a bit, less of the Startron than you do the Seafoam.

I checked at my local Wal Mart in the marine section, but none on the shelf, must be out of season here, I did buy some at my local independent shop and they swear by it. Cost was $7.99, as I mentioned on my earlier post, was recommended by another member (local) and it made a difference in just one tank. It's formulated for ethenol based fuel,mainly for marine applications where ethenol can draw miosture it the tank, but can be used in any application.

Guest scarylarry

Found some this morning at TSC it was in the lawnmower section, of all places 7.99 a bottle.

It is not with the automotive fuel additives... Go figure

Guest scarylarry

Since I run about 2 maybe 3 tanks a week, I don't see the need in it much myself, only to clean the carbs.

I was thinking that seafoam or something compared would do the trick for me, sometimes I think seafoam might be little hype though, since they all claim to do the same thing.

That metal can ain't cheap, compare to plastic

I want to see if my mileage increase though..

Some of those plastic cans will disolve about any thing. Good cleaner if you don't have any seals or things like that in the way. Sea-Foam cleans great and you can leave a rubber O-Ring in it for a week and it is same as when it went in. I agree Sea-Foam is getting overpriced. StarTron cost even more but is supposed to require less. A old one that works great is Marvel Mystery Oil to keep a system clean. And it is only About 4 bucks a quart.