I am trying to figure out the problem that is been confusing me. I have had my carbs cleaned and was still having an issue so I pulled the wire off of the right rear plug and put in another and placed it to the block to check for a spark. I noticed a small spark when I turn bike over than stopped until I reached 4500rpm then recieved a big spark. repeated the same test to theleft rear and noticed no spark at all. Would this be a wire or coil issue? I have a 1985 Venture royale 1200 cc

When was the last time the caps and wires were replaced? If you dont know I would suggest that the 1st thing you do is a complete tune up and see where it goes from there. This way your not guessing if this or that is ok and it gives a good mainyenance starting point

:2cents:

I have decided that the electronic ignition systems are sensitive to low battery voltage and will throw a weak spark if the battery cannot maintain at least 9-10V while cranking the engine. I reached this conclusion after chasing a hard-start problem on each of my bikes. In both cases the problem was ultimately solved with a new battery and clean battery contacts.

Is your bike cranking slowly during the test that you described?

Slow cranking could be a low or bad battery.

You might want to try your test again with a car battery jumped to your bike.