IGNORED

Here we come Texas!

gunkylump

Anyone know are they driving, riding or trailing?

We're on the bike.....we take our summer vacations on the bike, right from home. No trailering, right from the driveway. We'll be turning over 100,000 in the next few days, and it's an '04, so we ride it on occasion.

We're planning on arriving in San Antonio on Tuesday sometime...nothing is etched in stone though, stop and go as nature calls.

Clear the weather for us will you? Fair weather riding is just so much more enjoyable.

gunk:fingers-crossed-emo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am off for the next two weeks. Angel goes back to work Monday. We are heading out to the Meramec State Park meet on Thursday.

We'd be more than happy to meet you somewhere for a bite to eat, or even just visit for a few. We're wanting to ride somewhere today anyway. I don't want to knock you off schedule. We could just meet you somewhere along the way.

Home: 731-642-5091

Cell: 731-363-4345 cell doesn't work at the house.

I am off for the next two weeks. Angel goes back to work Monday. We are heading out to the Meramec State Park meet on Thursday.

We'd be more than happy to meet you somewhere for a bite to eat, or even just visit for a few. We're wanting to ride somewhere today anyway. I don't want to knock you off schedule. We could just meet you somewhere along the way.

Home: 731-642-5091

Cell: 731-363-4345 cell doesn't work at the house.

Want to go to Texas?

Looks like we're taking I40 over to Memphis....you have any suggestions where we can hook up?:big-grin-emoticon:

How far you gonna ride today? You gotta be moving on, if you're gonna be in Texas on Tuesday.

We could meet somewhere to eat in Jackson, Tn. It's right on I40. We'll need to have some sort of time frame though. You still in Cincinnatti?

How far you gonna ride today? You gotta be moving on, if you're gonna be in Texas on Tuesday.

We could meet somewhere to eat in Jackson, Tn. It's right on I40. We'll need to have some sort of time frame though. You still in Cincinnatti?

We're just outside of Nashville right now, Franklin. We're pretty much ready to roll....

Mapquest says we're two hours to Jackson

Where in Jackson Monty?

gunk

Well, we met up with the Gunkylumps....Randy and Beth.

We rode with them a while, and stopped for some grub at Old Hickory Steakhouse.

It was great to see you guys again!! Here are a few pics.

Yup, coon eyes, forgot to wash the belly button lint off...toejam got blown up...heck, I don't know what happened! Great trip, great riding, was awesome to catch up with the Monty's again....I learned how to do the eyebrow thing watching the "Rock" on the WWE back in the day!

We're in Memphis, Beale Street has great beer....paddlewheeler boat tour tomorrow, Graceland tomorrow, then off to Texas!...well, maybe we'll wait till Tuesday morn for the departure to Texas...then again, maybe we'll wait and go tomorrow...after Graceland....

Oh, and by the way.....we lost our cell phone today.....no clue where, when how....but it's gone! Vacations are so much fun!!!!!

And how the heck do they sell Cuban cigars on Beale street anyway?

Get ready Texas.....we're well on our way

gunk:big-grin-emoticon:

Yup, coon eyes, forgot to wash the belly button lint off...toejam got blown up...heck, I don't know what happened! Great trip, great riding, was awesome to catch up with the Monty's again....I learned how to do the eyebrow thing watching the "Rock" on the WWE back in the day!

We're in Memphis, Beale Street has great beer....paddlewheeler boat tour tomorrow, Graceland tomorrow, then off to Texas!...well, maybe we'll wait till Tuesday morn for the departure to Texas...then again, maybe we'll wait and go tomorrow...after Graceland....

Oh, and by the way.....we lost our cell phone today.....no clue where, when how....but it's gone! Vacations are so much fun!!!!!

And how the heck do they sell Cuban cigars on Beale street anyway?

Get ready Texas.....we're well on our way

Have fun and know that were ready for you down here in TEXAS!

Have fun and know that were ready for you down here in TEXAS!

Y'all should see the "coon eyes" today after riding from Memphis to Texarkana:scorched:....just beautiful! We stopped just outside Little Rock for a Wildberry fruit smoothie at a Raunchie Ronnie's...and the folks behind the counter were really, really impressed with our "tans":scratchchin:....and I was really, really impressed that could say it and not burst out laughing at us:clap2:. Anyways, we're in Texarkana, ol' stinky town....pulp and paper mill ya know....and weather permitting we'll make at least to Waco tomorrow......not sure what Hermine is up to just yet.:scratchchin:

Thought you Texans were gonna handle the weather thing if we came down?:rasberry: I'm getting too old to have to do everything. Give me a hand here will ya's? We're still coming.....just a wee bit behind schedule...which we really shouldn't have cuz we're on holidays....and my head hurt this morning....gotta tell you......don't stay too long at Beale street in Memphis....there really is something wrong with that beer they sell....really is.:starz:

gunk:Laugh:

Be VERY careful..Hermine is moving into Texas tonight and 100% chance of HARD rain and high wind in Austin Area tomorrow..Waco is only 100 miles or so North of Austin..If you get caught in a monsoon call me Ill come pick you guys up.

Be VERY careful..Hermine is moving into Texas tonight and 100% chance of HARD rain and high wind in Austin Area tomorrow..Waco is only 100 miles or so North of Austin..If you get caught in a monsoon call me Ill come pick you guys up.

Thanks Tom, we'll keep that in mind....we'll keep a real close eye on the weather today, Hermine could have been a wee bit friendlier, don't ya think?

gunk:Laugh:

Dont know if you have a place to stay but IF you havnt made reservations it may be a problem IF people have come up from the south to weather the storm..Just remember Ive got 2 xtra bedrooms and just 38 miles west of Austin.

Yer a good man. I am thinking they are gonna' need a place to hole up for a couple of days. Looks like you folks are in for some rain. Hope our friends on the coastal areas are ready for this.

Jerry you know me,I never meet a stranger..Debby had asked me If they were or had reservations and I just didnt know..but now they have a choice. Hope they are safe!

Dont know if you have a place to stay but IF you havnt made reservations it may be a problem IF people have come up from the south to weather the storm..Just remember Ive got 2 xtra bedrooms and just 38 miles west of Austin.

Thanks Tom, we appreciate the offer! We are currently in Waco....just the other side of Waco we some some clouds that we've just never seen before....and I wasn't stopping to dig the camera out:shock3:...they didn't look real friendly if you know what I mean. The news says that 35 is closed just outside of Waco, so good thing we stopped when we did.:whistling:

We're going to see what the weather does o'night, and go from there. I left the pontoons at home with the sled dogs......should have brought both, hooked up the dogs to the pontoons and hauled the bike down!

Hey, this Hampton Inn has complimentary beer, wine and finger foods for 2 hours tonight! Oh boy, I'm really beginning to enjoy Texas.:Laugh: Free beer! Yeah baby! I'm soaked, my mesh pants don't have a rain liner? I thought they did :confused24:when I ordered them from NewEnough.....nothing like the sound of socks squishing in your boots as you're walking down the hallway! :whistling:

So, the bikes' parked, we'll see what shapes up for morning, apparently we're about 3.5 hours from San Antonio.:)

C'mon sunshine!

gunk:shock3:

I'm still laughing at those eyes Gunk. Showed them to the Warden and she told me I couldn't laugh, I'd looked like that more than once!!! But I laughed anyway. Sounds like you are having Great time.

The ol' coon eyes are getting better every day Yammer, I should look REAL good by the time this run is all done.

Even with the inclement weather, we are having a better than GREAT time....seeing some beauty country....only had to use the stebel 2x to wake idiots up...and there are areas where we can make up lost time in a big way.....folks down this way sure do like to cruise!

Be careful in San Antonio as I had my truck broken into at THE COURTYARD by Marriott by the airport behind pappasitos seafood on the sout side of 410 last week and the manager said oh yah that happens and really didn't care to much about it!!!!!

But other than that we had a great time at the Zoo, Riverwalk was a great time. The Alamo was very informative especially The History Shop across the street.

Be careful in San Antonio as I had my truck broken into at THE COURTYARD by Marriott by the airport behind pappasitos seafood on the sout side of 410 last week and the manager said oh yah that happens and really didn't care to much about it!!!!!

But other than that we had a great time at the Zoo, Riverwalk was a great time. The Alamo was very informative especially The History Shop across the street.

We are going to check the weather early in the a.m., and then if it all looks ok, book our hotel room via hotwire(saved us big bucks in Memphis) and then head on down to San Antonio. We're really looking forward to getting there.....even tho ol' "shebad" has been playing with us just a bit. My boots and clothes are dried out now.....the hot tub here at the Hampton Inn in Waco is really comfy, my shoulders and neck feel great now....we're ready for tomorrow!

gunk:fingers-crossed-emo