IGNORED

Candy Apple ????

Does anyone know if candy apple is the red color of the 2007 RSTD in Red Raven. I am looking at a tour trunk for my bike on e-bay and they say they have one in candy apple red. Will this match the color of my bike ???????? :confused24::confused24: I seem to think that I read here somewhere that candy apple is the red color, and could not find on site.

Thanks in advance.... Fuzzy

Does anyone know if candy apple is the red color of the 2007 RSTD in Red Raven. I am looking at a tour trunk for my bike on e-bay and they say they have one in candy apple red. Will this match the color of my bike ???????? :confused24::confused24: I seem to think that I read here somewhere that candy apple is the red color, and could not find on site.

Thanks in advance.... Fuzzy

Here is the paint location and color for any of you all who ever have the same question.

http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-colo...TOKEN=17680291

Use the paint wizard at this site to give you your exact paint color. They say that this is the exact match.... Thanks to everyone. I did finally find this info from the site here. Thanks to everyone... :lightbulb: Fuzzy

It's metalic, but it ain't Candy Apple... CA looks like you could dive in. The first coat is gold metalic and then 6-7 coats of transparent red over the top. If the part is truly candy apple it will not match. It may have been off a custom painted bike...

It's metalic, but it ain't Candy Apple... CA looks like you could dive in. The first coat is gold metalic and then 6-7 coats of transparent red over the top. If the part is truly candy apple it will not match. It may have been off a custom painted bike...

Thanks Condor....This is what Colorite says my bike color is,

0918 Deep Red Metallic K (DRMK) Standard Model 5253 with base 1253

I am not a painter and am just trying to figure out if candy apple would even be close. I think if I bought one I would be better off painting (trunk) to match or try finding one that does. OEM maybe from a Venture. I just do not think black would look right with my color sceem on bike, or maybe it would ?

James

Edited by FuzzyRSTD
black ?

Thanks Condor....This is what Colorite says my bike color is,

0918 Deep Red Metallic K (DRMK) Standard Model 5253 with base 1253

I am not a painter and am just trying to figure out if candy apple would even be close. I think if I bought one I would be better off painting (trunk) to match or try finding one that does. OEM maybe from a Venture. I just do not think black would look right with my color sceem on bike, or maybe it would ?

James

I ordered my paint for my fairing from colorite and it was a perfect match for the blue/purple on the 08. I would recomend ordering from them. The price is higher but the match is well worth it.

Well, according to the "Venture History" link at the top of the page, the color name is Candy Red/Raven. Same colors used on the 09 Venture and the 09 RSTD.

Thanks gibvel, :detective: I knew I saw something about Candy Red or so on this sight. The Venture History is a good source of info....