IGNORED

Trailer Talk - How Much Air?

SilvrT

I don't have a lot of experience with my trailer, but.....I started out with 25 psi, but all of the tire was not on the ground.

Now I go with what ever pressure will just keep the entire width of the tire in contact with the road for a given load. Usually around 20 pounds per inch squared. :thumbsup2:

Guest tx2sturgis

The little 8 inch tires, on a trailer pulled behind a bike, with approx 100 to 300 pounds or so of weight combined, should have about 15-25 PSI in the tires.

The MAX PSI rating you will find on the side of the tires is for when you are loading the tires with up to 800 to 1000 pounds of cargo weight PER TIRE, such as when they are used on a trailer that hauls a small boat or a couple of watercraft, with all the gear and gas etc. That doesn't apply to tires used in this situation.

Service and then check the bearings often.

I don't have a lot of experience with my trailer, but.....I started out with 25 psi, but all of the tire was not on the ground.

Now I go with what ever pressure will just keep the entire width of the tire in contact with the road for a given load. Usually around 20 pounds per inch squared. :thumbsup2:

That is what I do also. I spray water on the drive and pull it through and look at the tread pattern, and adjust to full tread, works great ,and also do that on the Roll-A-Home camper that is 300 dry close to 500 loaded. No problem so far and good tire wear. Just checked, and set the tires to in fact. Right side is 18, and left is 20,, and full tread on the ground.

The Max pressure in the side wall of the tire is for Max Weight of the tire, not the trailer on these little light weight MC trailers. Mentioned above.