IGNORED

1679cc 200 horse RSV ?

DesertRider

I wonder if a pair of hard saddlebags and a trunk would tame the new VMax any ? Now that Yamaha has committed major resources to keeping the VMax around long term, I wonder if they might have any kind of engine "upgrade" in mind for the reliable but dated 1300 on the RSV ? How about replacing it with a slightly de-tuned 1679cc engine that sort-of resembles the one on the new VMax ? :thumbsup2:That would turn the RSV into a real sport-tourer.

While it's really just wild speculation on my part, I think that's what Yamaha is working on. I personally suspect it'll be more like the First Gen than the Second (more sport tourer than cruiser). Also, the longer it takes them to come out with it, the more refined it's likely to be.

Well everybody is guess what is in store for the RSV. The local Yamaha dealer and I had a long talk the other day when I picked up my bike. His outlook on the RSV is that Yamaha will discontinue it all together. Maybe he really beieved that or he was trying to talk me into trading mine in on a new Victory. (This dealership sell Victory and Yamaha).:thumbsup2:

Yep, we have this thread or one very much like it at least once a week.

I wouldn't buy a 200hp upgraded machine.

I would like a machine that can cruise at 80mph and get 45mpg. Other than that, I'm happy with the current 2nd gen machines. I can ignore the tape deck, and don't need a CD.

Yep, we have this thread or one very much like it at least once a week.

I wouldn't buy a 200hp upgraded machine.

I would like a machine that can cruise at 80mph and get 45mpg. Other than that, I'm happy with the current 2nd gen machines. I can ignore the tape deck, and don't need a CD.

Well said Randy!

Not that there's anything wrong with the fine old tried and proven 1300 engine, but with the first decade of the 21st century almost gone already, you would think it was past-time for them to change a little more than the paint scheme. Maybe put a few more horses and cubic-inches under the hood and add a 6th gear. As somebody else said, they may discontinue it as it's now known. If so, maybe they'll do a full-dresser off the big displacement stratoliner line, sort of like what Kawasaki did with the new Voyager using a big displacement Vulcan as the base. They sure like to keep ya guessing don't they ? As for me, no matter what Yamaha does, I'll probably have to squeeze a few more years out of my own old but true 83' 1st gen but I can still dream about having a new big displacement RSV when I grow up .

:fatsmiley: