IGNORED

Need opinions on Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer and Dryer

Midrsv

If I had the cash money on hand and was in need of a new set, I think I would go ahead and get them. It appears to be a pretty good deal and if you decide you don't like them in 2 or 3 months, you'll probably be able to sell them for what you'll have in them.

My advice: Buy the extended warranty...my kids bought a set and the dryer drum split open the day after the regular warranty expired. Since then, the washer quit. Repaired under the ext warranty. Good Luck!!

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

I just bought my wife the LG front load washer and dryer set about a week and a half ago. It was my penance for getting to go to the Asheville rally. Sears was running a crazy sale on them and I got them both delivered with a stacking kit for about 1250 including tax. They seem to work great. definitely worth looking at.

have both stacked for 7 yrs no problems except water pump which is very easy to replace your self for about 30.00 also you ca find repair info from factory online if needed. my daughter also works for lowes and if they are telling you to shy away from whirlpool it is shady the profit margine is higher on the other models. and if whirlpool is no good the would not make kenmoore for sears bill

Well, I am a manager at Lowe's, and can tell you that I would definately recommend the Samsung Appliances. They have the best Customer Service, and if there is something wrong, they are really good on making it right. All manufacturers have their share of problems that pop up from production or what not, however, not all manufacturers have good customer service. All I can say is, make sure that you get it from a retailer that will back them up.

Remember that ONLY, the washing machine is High Efficiency. (Dryer has a heating element, and is not efficient). However, since the Front Load Washing Machines spin SOOO fast, the clothes come out generally 30% dryer, thus cutting the dry time.

My picks would be

#1-Samsung

#2-Whirlpool/Maytag (Same Company) Also make Kenmore Elite

#3-Frigidaire

#4-GE

No experience with LG.

PM me if you want more information. I deal with this stuff every day.

Something else to consider....are you putting them on a cement floor, then no problem. If your putting it upstairs or on a wooden elevated floor like a mobile home you may have issues with the front load washer.

They spin at an extremely fast speed and if not loaded properly they will walk and shack worse than an top load washer, even on their slowest spin cycle.

I have a 19 yr old that still has no clue on how to load the thing.

We have a front load washer, two differences I've noticed: one - it takes less dryer time, second - they do clean better.