IGNORED

I will obey the speed limit....I will obey the speed limit

E-Fishin-C

I've seen the smile on Charlie's face after he left me behind on his FJR like I was sitting still (and I was actually doing almost 60mph). Problem is a new law here in Ontario allows the police to take his bike and his licence for doing 30mph+ over the speed limit.

Good luck Charlie!!!

I've seen the smile on Charlie's face after he left me behind on his FJR like I was sitting still (and I was actually doing almost 60mph). Problem is a new law here in Ontario allows the police to take his bike and his licence for doing 30mph+ over the speed limit.

Good luck Charlie!!!

That ought to slow him down. Unless he hits the loto and goes for broke!

:farmer:

Good luck Charlie!!!

if thats true?? i'm not going nort a da border fer shur!!:scared::cop:

Nope, that ended several years ago. Max legal speed is not 75 on the interstate and 70 on some two lane's.

I believe this picture was taken on the interstate. Not my car but this person must not have been able to read the new signs.

Brad

Problem is a new law here in Ontario allows the police to take his bike and his licence for doing 30mph+ over the speed limit.

Good luck Charlie!!!

Wow! when did that law come in out there?

thats so pathetic to be that heavy handed for speeding. Out here in Western Canada it seems you really have to be pushing it hard to even get a ticket, since they raised our speed limits to 110kph a few years ago.

Brian

I believe this picture was taken on the interstate. Not my car but this person must not have been able to read the new signs.

Brad

this is only half speed its KM not MPH we know you all have to go twice as fast as us just to keep up:rasberry:

attachment.php?attachmentid=48975&d=1281755291

Brad

Well, the pic shows the speedo is on kilometers and looks like just under 190 and that converts to: 190 kilometers (km) per hour is equal to 118.06 miles (statute) per hour.

THAT AIN'T VERY FAST. Now I won't ride my RSV this fast but I've seen 160 miles (statute) per hour (equal to 257.50 kilometers (km) per hour) on my Jaguar XJ8. Sure was smooth and felt great. Love the RSV and the Jag. I've also got my Mom's 48 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe and it screams along at 70 mph. Love it too.

:depressed:

Yah Right!!!!....... I never knew that this FJR would be this much fun to ride even with my Arthristis Its worth the pain:rotfl: My problem is how do I keep it under a 125 mph

Well, if ya REALLY want to keep it to legal speeds, pull the plug wires on #1 and #3 cylinders and ya got a nice 650 twin!:thumbsup2:, course the thing will STILL run 80 or so, but the top end will be "limited"! (It will idle a touch rough though......). Seriously though, I really liked the power on my 07 FJR, but it was VERY hard to keep it legal. I called it "sneaky fast". Most bikes I've ridden, including my old Duc SS TOLD you when you were hauling a$$. The Feejer would just quietly take you faster and faster 'till you looked down and saw the speedo up in the warp drive area and had a "oh crap" moment. Be CAREFUL and keep a close eye on the clock or she'll get you burned by the local constabulary!:depressed:

I keep thinking the bikes running on 3. So I took it up to 95 today. It did 85 going uphill a little. But it should of had more pull. Coming back the other way it was either running better or the down hill, had her easily at 95mph. With room for more. My mpgs are around 40. Maybe I just need a sync......LOL:nanner: