IGNORED

VR luggage rack mounting washers

Hey folks.

Just picked up a beautiful original luggage trunk rack for my 88 and want to get it mounted.

At one time, I saw some cool large washers used under the rack (topside, not under the lid) where the rack posts contact the box lid. They had a star encircling the center hole. The hole was in the center of the star.

Has anyone seen these or understand what I am talking about from my description?

I'd like to locate some.

Thanks.

I used these for my trunk rack...they use them for the Honda Goldwing.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/609_Star_Washer_Mounts/21257_Star_Washers/?goto=/pgroup_list/gl1800/609_goldwing_Star_Washer_Mounts/des/

http://data.cyclegiant.com/magick_cache/9a/9a55d28236a163c621cd36d583c41a8a.gif

Yup! Those would be them.

Thanks a lot.

• 1 month later...

Well, I got my star washers in the mail so I could mount my trunk rack to my 88. I guess it's a Ventureline rack. It has the V1300 logo on it.

Anyway, these star washers were too large to use on my 88's trunk rack. The raised area in the center of the trunk didn't allow enough distance between the front feet of the rack and the shoulders of this raised area to install these large washers. If the rack's front feet would have been spaced about an inch wider, these washers would have worked out fine.

I thought, "Now, this is just great. What now?"

Then I looked at my Millenium and saw that those trunk mount washers were smaller. It's lid has no raised surface so there was no problem using the larger washers there.

Swapped the washers between the trunks and now both bikes and I are happy.

Now I gotta plan a trip so I can create a reason to pack a little something light back there.

Thanks for your assistance in identifying these washers for me.

You have to do a little gringing on them to get them to fit. Here's a shot of the 91's... They look more like star conchos that were on there when I bought the bike...

Kinda hard to see the front mounts in the photo. I guess I would have done the grinding had I not had the option of swapping washers with the Millenium's.

And my rack looks just like yours - with the logo in the center.