IGNORED

The end of a long hot summer

Venturous Randy

This is the first weekend here in east Tennessee that we have not had temperatures near 80 degrees. This is also the first weekend that Laura and I have not put 100 to 450 miles on the bike. In fact, it did not even get started this weekend.

This has been a really good summer for us riding. I have put nearly 10,000 miles on the bike and most of that was 2-up. I have put about 8,000 miles on the Avon tires and like them a lot, except for the high speed wobble that I encountered. They have also worked well with pulling the camper, and we have put close to 1,500 miles on the bike doing that and had a great vacation with the camper this year. We also extended our Vogal trip to the full four days and had a great time there and got to meet some old friends and make some new ones.

I replaced the transmission from a later 1st gen and that has worked out well and the bike seems to have a lot less whine than the other one, especially at certain speeds. I had put over 60,000 miles on the bike since I undercut 2nd gear and still had not encountered any problems with it jumping, but I was beginning to get some rattle while idleing.

We are still in a severe drought situation, but on one ride this summer, I got rained on harder than anytime before. But now that it is cooling off and riding is winding down, it is time for some good steady rain.

RandyA

Thats it Randy rub it in !!! I did get to ride a little this summer. Had one ride on the Parts Bike before frame went and got a little in on 750. Next year is going to be DIFFERENT!!! I have some catching up to do. How many miles do you think you can get out of a 1st Gen?? About three 2nd Gens worth??

Thats it Randy rub it in !!! I did get to ride a little this summer. Had one ride on the Parts Bike before frame went and got a little in on 750. Next year is going to be DIFFERENT!!! I have some catching up to do. How many miles do you think you can get out of a 1st Gen?? About three 2nd Gens worth??

Depends on if you crash it again, but otherwise 3 should be the minimum.

This is the first weekend here in east Tennessee that we have not had temperatures near 80 degrees. This is also the first weekend that Laura and I have not put 100 to 450 miles on the bike. In fact, it did not even get started this weekend.

This has been a really good summer for us riding. I have put nearly 10,000 miles on the bike and most of that was 2-up. I have put about 8,000 miles on the Avon tires and like them a lot, except for the high speed wobble that I encountered. They have also worked well with pulling the camper, and we have put close to 1,500 miles on the bike doing that and had a great vacation with the camper this year. We also extended our Vogal trip to the full four days and had a great time there and got to meet some old friends and make some new ones.

I replaced the transmission from a later 1st gen and that has worked out well and the bike seems to have a lot less whine than the other one, especially at certain speeds. I had put over 60,000 miles on the bike since I undercut 2nd gear and still had not encountered any problems with it jumping, but I was beginning to get some rattle while idleing.

We are still in a severe drought situation, but on one ride this summer, I got rained on harder than anytime before. But now that it is cooling off and riding is winding down, it is time for some good steady rain.

RandyA

don't know about "the END of a long hot summer", but it has cooled down to the high 70's low 80's ,here.

didn't ride ONE FOOT this summer. doing a lot of tlc, that previous owners, never knew about. if i hadn't poked my nose in here, i wouldn't have known about them either.

lol

just jt

it is time for some good steady rain.

RandyA

You can have ALL of ours! ...and in return, I'll take your "cooler" temps and dryness. Our highs lately are around 10 celcius and it generally rains 2 days straight before a break for a half day or so. Well, we did get a couple clear days recently. It's been 3 weeks since I last rode my scoot.

if i here " we need the rain " down here one more time , i am gonna choke somebody , in the last month all it has been donin is raining 20 miles north of me got 41/2 in. last nite and today , i got 11/2 in. and we got a damn storm coming , this suppose to be starting our dry season . just as it starts cooling down a little bit , its rainin !!!!:rant::rant::rant::draming::rain2::rain2::rain2: tomorrow i got to wash the mold of my bike , i know i sound like a 2nd gen , whine , whiny , whine

Gee whiz guys, I was hopeing for some good posts on some of the things some of you did this long hot summer and all I get is whining. I know myself, this has been the longest riding season of warm to hot temperatures that I can remember. I still remember coming down into Hot Springs, NC and the thermometer on the bike saying 99 degrees on the way home from Vogal and that was coming thru the mountains.

RandyA

if i here " we need the rain " down here one more time , i am gonna choke somebody

:no-no-no:

Well you know when the lakes start drying up because the "Corps" is having to release the water so the "mussels" in Fl. have enough water something is bad wrong with this picture.:stirthepot::stirthepot:

But other than this I agree with Randy it has been a great summer. Now it is beginning to be a great fall riding season. I like to ride when I ain't sweating better than when I am.