IGNORED

Rear Brake and Master cyclinder prob

I have been brake doing maintenance on my 83 VR.I changed my front pads and changed my fluid.No problem with that part. I changed my rear Brake pads ,drained my fluids and bled my system.It was working but now I have no rear brakes. I undid my Rear bleeder and did a reverse bleed with a fluid pump I had figuring I had an air bubble or something.Filled the rear reservoir too .I took the caliper off and inspected it.I pushed on my break pedal and there was no pad movement.I losened the rear bleeder on caliper and pushed the bake break.No fluid movement.When I take the bleeder out I can see fluid in the chamber. Could there be a problem with my rear master cylinder?Anybody have ideas or have I just missed something? Thanks all.:starz: Ray

Your rear and left front brakes calipers are linked, the rear petal controls them both. You need to bleed it again and make sure that the front is also bled. It's a pain, but you have to pretty methodically go through the process, here is a partial write up to bleeding the system and a trick too.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=490

Others will chime in shortly...

I read all the tech notes and now I understand how it works.I pulled my rear master just to check and see if it was fine.It has no probs and looks like it may have been rebuilt a few years ago. What I did not realize is that the front and rear system are symbionic.Once the systems are closed,air is out you get pressure.That is why the proceedure.I will use my pump and be methodic about my bleeding now.Thanks for the help for making me understand how this breaking system works.:scratchchin: