IGNORED

New Seat

Guest tone100

Guest tone100

I just got back from a 1000 mile ride and have decided that I need a new seat for my 07 RSTD. I am 6'4" and the lip on the back of the stock seat pushes into my rear end. Its also too hard. What is the softest seat out there and works for a tall rider? I even go the custom route if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg like everything else for a bike.

The pillow top seats from the Venture are the softest seats anywhere. They're not a direct fit on your bike, but would mount with a simple L bracket. I tried a set of these pillow tops on mine though, and realized that softness is not what I needed.

I came across a Corbin dual tour seat for a good price and got it. Soft it is not. It is the opposite of soft. But amazingly it is the most comfortable seat I've tried. The shape of the thing is the reason. If the shape of the seat is wrong to begin with, no add on type of pad is going to help, and I've tried a bunch of them. This seat sets me a bit farther back and bit higher on the bike than anything else, giving me more leg room than I thought this bike had in it. I'm 6'1" myself and really appreciate that. With every other seat I'd tried, I felt like I was sitting on the back edge of the tank.

If you'd like to give one a try, there's one on ebay right now, item 120175873153.

Guest tone100

Thanks. I might go for that one. It looks liek the lip on the rear edge of the rider seat isn't as sharp. Thats the part that stabs my butt.

I have a '07 RSV and I'm 6-2. I can tell you that the "pillow top" stock seats on the '07's are NOT the answer for me. However, the combination of a Utopia backrest and an Airhawk cushion solved my problem. In fact we just got back from a 7 day 1800 mile ride and I had no trouble until my Airhawk sprung a leak the last day of the trip! Without the Airhawk, I sit too low to comfortably get my feet on and off the floorboards, causing a lot of hip joint pain (I'm not THAT old, either!)....and the pillow top seat just kills my tail bone (the padding in the tail bone area appears to be only about 1" thick). I will bet that a set up like I have will solve your problem.

BUT, my current thoughts are to have my seat rebuilt (or replaced) to give me the height that I need without having to use the Airhawk. I just get tired of having to always position it just right before I hop on the bike, always having to worry about locking it in the trunk when I park, and it detracts a bit from the appearance of my RSV...plus my current problem of the thing having a slow leak. Don't get me wrong...the Airhawks are great products, having allowed me to ride many hundreds of miles in a day in total comfort. I just want to have my cake and eat it too!

I'm 6' 2" tall and about 210 lbs. Long legs. I've tried the Airhawk, the AirRider Gel, the pillow top seat, the stock seat, the Travelcade Roadsofa and maybe a few other things. None of them worked for me. What finally worked for me is the Corbin Dual Touring seat. It feels hard as a brick but has great support and once you FINALLY get it broken in, is the most comfortable seat I've ever ridden. Different things work for different folks.