IGNORED

YAHOOO Jugs are on

kantornado

These look so cool and very stylish. I want to THANK YOU Mike.

I will be mailng mine to you asap.

I hope you guys like it as much as I do..................Ron

Thanks again Mike is EUSA1 and cost 400.00 then ad shipping to your area/

Edited by kantornado

Ya know, I don't want to toss a wet rag on this, but I really don't like the look. It's definately different, and I can see where it will make the scoot stand out in a crowd.

I also have an extra set of covers and am going to try masking off just the edge of each fin and shooting them semi-flat black. In my minds eye it will look cleaner and not as busy. I checked with out local auto paint supplier and they have Fine-Line masking tape in 1/8" so that's where I'm headed this AM. I'll take some before and afters and post them when I'm done.

Rather than masking off the fin edges, you can use vasoline to coat the edges, Then, after you shoot them, the vasoline will wipe right off. The is also a liquid masking material used by body shops which will do the same thing.

Yeah I thought of that Russ, but I want to get a better edge which I don't think I'm capable of getting it with the vasoline....or anything else for that matter that's applied free hand.... What I have tried in the past, to eliminate any bleeding under the tape, is to first shoot the tape with a clear and then the color. The clear will bleed under any problem spots and seal them. Works pretty well when dealing with an irregular surface.

Who's Mike, and how much...?????

I'm the mike

i send out a silver or black set that has been diamond cut, and if you like them, you install them on your bike and send your old set back to me and i cut them for the next guy/gal. and so on...

the fee is $400.00

the plus side of this is that you have no down time while waiting for the bling, and you get to see what your getting without any change to your own heads.

e-mail me directly or feel free to call me, my info is in my profile.

thank you all for the kind remarks!! mike/eusa1

the plus side of this is that you have no down time while waiting for the bling,

just a dumb comment .... why would there be downtime anyway ... they serve no real functional purpose so the scoot is not disabled when the "fake fins" are removed.

Having said that tho ... I wouldn't be caught dead riding without them.... ewwwww.... "NakedRider" !!

:eek:

just a dumb comment .... why would there be downtime anyway ... they serve no real functional purpose so the scoot is not disabled when the "fake fins" are removed.

Having said that tho ... I wouldn't be caught dead riding without them.... ewwwww.... "NakedRider" !!

:eek:

the motor mounts also have fins on them, and and they are done as part of the package, even though many have said they would ride without them.....mmmm not me

and as don stated.... there is that coolant leak concern with the plugs..

You don't want to try that. There are drain plugs behind them that are held in by the fins.

ahhhhhhhhhh... pretty obvious I've never had them off eh?? LOL

'nuther addition to my "knowledge base" :thumbsup2:

I saw a Victory (can't recall the model) with a cool custom paint job and diamond-cut fins ... it looked real sharp!

Don you will really like them as you can see they look great. Mike does a great job.

I got allot of complements on them and everybody wishes they could get there’s done.

I have had nothing but complements and you will like how it dresses the bike up

I do need to post some new pics of the bike tho........Ron

Mr Owl we really mis the P.I.P every year, we always had a great time and what great people

to ride with. We are hopeing someday to make it back and I would love to keep the

fire going. What a OUTSTANDING gathering of VENTURERIDER members who attend.

We do mis it. Have fun and look foreword to the pictures...............Ron

YIPPEEEEE......my diamond cut covers arrived today. These things look amazing. Can't wait to get them installed but have to leave for a doctor's appointment in about 10 minutes. I sure plan to get them installed this evening though and I KNOW...pictures...pictures..pictures....

Thanks Mike. Will get my originals in the mail tomorrow or no later than Monday.

IF THE BOSS LIKES THEM....

Well let's just ay that... if the boss is happy with them, then i'm pickled tink!!

thanks to all for your kind remarks.

The diamond wheel is going to be turned off for the next two weeks.... my 20 year old daughter "Colleen" is getting married on september 4th, and we have several last minute things to get prepared for all the out of town family to stay with us and so..on...

she's getting married to a hell of a nice guy "Seth Nelson"

with a last name like that.... he could be trouble huh??

please wish them well .

mike

HEY....does that mean we will be kin folk? :)

As for the diamond cut covers...I got them installed and they really do set the bike off. VERY NICE. It was hot in the garage and I got all tired out but promise I will take and post some pictures tomorrow morning.