IGNORED

One more call for riders attending Sturgis 2010

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

One more call for riders attending Sturgis 2010:

I will be heading to the Black Hills in a couple of days...Planning on leaving Amarillo Thursday morning, the 5th of August. I'm riding with a couple friends, but the more the merrier.

We plan on making it to Cheyenne WY by Thursday night. Expecting to arrive at Glencoe Campground Friday afternoon or evening. Anyone else attending?

We could get together for a meet-n-eat or a beer somewhere...I plan on staying in South Dakota until sometime the following Friday or Saturday.

Let me know! You can reply here but in a couple days, you can text or call me at 806-252-1743, since I will be on the road. The cell will of course be in the saddlebag, so just leave a message.

I am heading out on Saturday. No one to ride with so far. Will be there Sunday afternoon. Trying to get an "IRON BUTT" in so I will be riding the north of I90 in Montana the heading due south to Sturgis. I am meeting a buddy from Ohio and will only be in Sturgis for a couple of days. I will be camping in Spearfish SD about 18 miles west of Sturgis. Hope to see a few of you guys while there and some RSV's. Have a great ride!!!!:fingers-crossed-emo

Guest tx2sturgis
I'm sure gonna try and make it out there. Heck I live in SD for cripes sake. Hope to be done with wheat harvest.......

I will sure know that black and blue trailer if I see it!

Guest tx2sturgis
VR Assistance List...

We live about 70 miles west of Sturgis if anyone has problems; just don't call at 0300hrs for bail money cuz it ain't happening!:no-no-no::mugshot::stirthepot:

You might like my video from a few years ago in Sundance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RiLbEjsagk]YouTube- BossHoss Burnout[/ame]

To each their own, but I guess I'll never understand why someone would do that to their bike.:confused24:

:backinmyday:Way too many people and non-riding morons for us to venture out during the rally. We would leave the area if we hadn't already used this summer's vacation. But, since we're gonna be here, call if you need a hand.

Well I am glad to see that you haven't left yet. As I was getting ready to saddle up and hit the road this morning for the final leg of my ride, I saw that there is some REALLY nasty weather through the Dakotas, Iowa, etc. and had been wondering if you had been on the road yet or not.

Hope your ride is safe and only eventful when you want it to be.

:080402gudl_prv:

If I can get my stuff together I'll be leaving Maine on Thursday... Not sure where I'm staying yet and no firm plans... Just flyin by the seat of my pants.. I'm on a low budget so I'll probably be camping at state parks on the way out...

Guest tx2sturgis
Well I am glad to see that you haven't left yet. As I was getting ready to saddle up and hit the road this morning for the final leg of my ride, I saw that there is some REALLY nasty weather through the Dakotas, Iowa, etc. and had been wondering if you had been on the road yet or not.

Hope your ride is safe and only eventful when you want it to be.

You might not see this until later in the day...I wonder where you are today?

Guest tx2sturgis
If I can get my stuff together I'll be leaving Maine on Thursday... Not sure where I'm staying yet and no firm plans... Just flyin by the seat of my pants.. I'm on a low budget so I'll probably be camping at state parks on the way out...

You'd be welcome to camp with us at Glencoe...or right across the road from us is a quieter, slightly less expensive campground called Lamphere. Glencoe charges a set rate whether you are there for 1 day or 14...but I believe Lamphere charges by the day.

Glencoe has a 'motorcycles only' area for camping...which means no RV generators and diesel engines disturbing us near our campsite...plus lots of trees in the m/c area.

Of course there are many, many places in the Black Hills area where you can camp.

leaving thur morning from north of toledo OH with 2 other bikes. we will be meeting another rider in davenport IA that night so that will be a total of 4 bikes. staying Hay Creek Ranch in the black hills. have fun all.:322:

Hey Folks;

We've had some really bad weather moving through the Black Hills today, with torrential rains, severe hail, severe lightning, and high winds. Local radio reports that the Lead-Deadwood area is a real mess with mudslides, flooding, and lightning caused fires. The entire area has been pounded with extremely heavy rains with radar estimates of up to 5 inches in some areas.

At 1415hrs local time a line of severe thunderstorms goes from Laramie, WY, to Bismark, ND.

Be very careful if you're enroute and you might want to call ahead to your campsite to ensure it's open.

Anyone planning on staying in the Lead-Deawood area should call their hotel or campground and make sure they will be open. The Lead-Deadwood area received over 4.5 inches of rain and severe hail in a 30-45 minute time span today. The hail was over a foot deep in someplaces and some streets looked like rivers with more than two-feet of water flowing down them.

The northern Black Hills was hit hard by todays storms, but Lead-Deadwood got the worst of it. Some areas in and around Sturgis reported up 3.5 inches of rain, severe hail and some flooding.

You might not see this until later in the day...I wonder where you are today?

Oh - I made it home late Monday evening. I haven't been around here much due to having to get caught up with some work related items. I suppose I could have mentioned where I was.