IGNORED

Yamaha Marketing

halfwitt

I bet they haven't made a RSV part for the bike or the V4 motor in a couple of years. The RSV will last only as long as they can continue building them out of their parts stock. Just change the color each year. Same thing happened with the Royales. The last of the Royales were sold in Europe and marketed as '94's. It would be nice if Yamaha were going to bring out a new improved bike, but from a marketing standpoint I don't think you're going to see it for a couple of years, if at all.

I agree with Condor. In the marketing world it's called harvesting your product line. If you have a new design in the works you don't put a lot of money into the current design. You save your ad money for the launch of the new products. Yamaha knows where their niche is in this market. They have a value priced touring bike. Its got a loyal following and is a good bargain compared to the competition. My guess is you'll see something in a few years as long as the market for touring bikes holds. If the market shifts and people don't want the retro look anymore then it all bets are off for a Venture update.

Guest KitCarson
Hi Don: You are right, I am wrong as usual, my buddy Cayce who works at a Harley shop......says you can get a base Electraglide for about $24,000.00. They have them sitting on the floor for like 26,000, for bargaining room....still that is above suggested factory retail...and they are popular.....so do not think they will come off of the price much. These things are really High.........popular......

Now having said that......I do like my Venture.......it is a different machine....smoother....more power if used in the right rpm range.....instant response......and when you get right down to it........to pay an extra 10,000 dollars or so.......hey there really is not all that much difference. So I think mine is a keeper!! Hey how did I get lured into all this anyway? I am no R and D spy....I just like bikes....all kinds of them. Kit

Hi Freebird.....it is raining in South Carolina today.....when it rains...plumbers have time to play.....spent three hours in a Harley shop talking to the owner and several mechanics.....will explain more later this evening. Have to go meet some more folks in a bit......I have found a shop that will sell me an 2008 Ultra Classic with ABS brakes out the door for 22,000 (I just round off to the highest number) The screaming eagle I would really , really like to have......is 32,000.......no not just yet.....I can do a lot of customization myself......cannot build a bigger motor.....but a 96 is big enough....anyway got to go......just yapping....will post a reason and why and all that this evening....no not running off.....where else can one tease an airplane engineer and say stuff like ........I like to build airplanes too,,,,,just do not try to fly any of them..........Kit:rotf::sign20:

Now that sounds more like it. There are no dealers around here selling, or even trying, above MSRP and most are offering some discounts though not much. KennyG is also a member here and lives just a bit down the road from me. He stopped by last weekend to drop off some parts from his RSV that he traded in a few weeks ago. He now has a new Ultra Classic and so far really loves it. Time will tell. He got ABS, Alarm, etc. for 22 something out the door.

Yamaha appears to have switched from pushing/advertising their V-4 Royal Star whatever versions, and are now putting all their eggs into the old school V-2 basket. Is that what Yamaha research is stating: OHV, V-2, air cooled, belt drive, etc. is better than V-4, shaft drive, liquid cooled...?

Guest KitCarson
Yamaha appears to have switched from pushing/advertising their V-4 Royal Star whatever versions, and are now putting all their eggs into the old school V-2 basket. Is that what Yamaha research is stating: OHV, V-2, air cooled, belt drive, etc. is better than V-4, shaft drive, liquid cooled...?
Just an observation: When I decided I wanted a Venture, it was a little hard to find......no local shop had one, I had only seen one in a Powersports shop a couple years ago. I will usually stop in any close by bike shop just to look around, stay up with a few things. The dealer That I bought Cricket from.....stated.......we do not sell many of these, we might see two or three a year. When I finally did find a dealer who was okay and would talk to me about the clutch whine........they were not all that impressed with the Venture either......it was just like.....okay we know all about it......it is kinda like....hopefully this bike will just go away. I think yes they seem to be concentrating on the bigger twins.......do not know why....for sure.......think it is to compete with Harley.......look at the new Raider.....it is a work of art......wireless throttle.......power.....low center of gravity.......at a very much lower price than a Harley. I will say.....if I rode alone......I was still 25. I would pick the raider over any other.......it is a neat bike. Kit

I dropped into my local Harley dealer a couple of days ago just to chat. He is always trying totalk me into buying a Harley so he quotes me an Ultra at $22K Canadian which is about $23 USD these days. Then, he goes on line and finds one in the US for about $18K USD. So, if you want a basic Ultra, and you shop around, you can get one pretty cheap these days. However, you can get a Venture a lot cheaper and you don't need to add anything to it to make it a great bike: And the chirp is free! :whistling:

Cliff

I was at the Int'l Motorcycle Show last year and decided to sit on some different bikes - just curious like. After sitting on all the various mfg's bikes, I went home and sat on mine again - was amazed at the roominess of it. I think the "bigger" market - the profit is in - the Raider type of bikes - thus you are starting to heavily see the ads for that bike.

But I would have to agree - Yamaha should do some marketing for the Venture/RSTD. There is definitely a market for our bikes, but I think the "everyday Joe" would be more prone to look at the Raider - or machines like that. As aan example, I didn't know this at the time, but the dealer I bought my bike from sells Star touring bike a year - and I bought my 2005 last year - guess that took care of two years for him :rotf::rotf:.

Just an observation: When I decided I wanted a Venture, it was a little hard to find......no local shop had one...

That is a fact. Took another ride today to Okeechobee; That's the dealer that a couple weeks ago offered a great OTD price, but didn't have one on the floor. Said come back in a couple weeks. I'm back and still no new Venture or RSTD on the floor. Know what the salesman said? "Just sold it a half hour ago." If I believed that one, then I should have also believed his bridge for sale story, but didn't stay long enough to hear any more crap.

I heard they have one in Lake Wales to check out. Maybe next weekend.

try Melbourne , i heard they have a black and a red and silver , i was told 14,000 out the door , give the dealer a call 1st because i have not checked only heard about it

I'm not familiar with that area, but I did find a dealer listed in Palm Bay. Is it possible this Palm Bay dealer is the one for the Melbourne area you are suggesting.

Thanks,

Dan

I was at the Int'l Motorcycle Show last year and decided to sit on some different bikes - just curious like. After sitting on all the various mfg's bikes, I went home and sat on mine again - was amazed at the roominess of it.

I don't think that was a fair comparison Vic......:rotf::rotf:

http://www.cast-aways.com/images/IMGP0947%20(Medium).JPG