IGNORED

seriously considering a Valkyrie Interstae

casabroker

I have always admired this bike.

I have a Valkyrie friend who rides, usually 2 up with his wife.

But I need to tell you what happend last month.

We took 3 bikes on a road above Chimney Rock, NC. (Old Fort Road)

I was leading and 2nd bike was the Valk, third was a Strat.

A turn that snuck up on us happened.

My RSTD made it with some pucker,, but 2nd bike did not. no problem for the Strat.

His left foot peg scraped but he could not make a correction as he was too far into the turn. He lost it. He slid into the soft shoulder on his side (80 foot peg scrape). His wife was lucky to get thrown off there. His bike hung on a tree (this was a good thing). And he bounced down a 60 degree bank about 90 feet. Good thing, because that 900 lb bike did not follow him.

I saw this in my rear view mirror,,,, yikes.

God and luck were on their side. She broke a wrist, nose and anckle. He was okay,,, missed several trees. But the point here,, the stock Valk did not make a turn that the RSTD and Strat made just fine.

Else,, great bike.

It could have been the rider or it could have been the bike or it could have been the way the rider entered the curve. Saturday I was riding with my wife on the back of my 05 venture. Two other bikes two up were in the lead. A victory and a goldwing. We were in the mountains of NC. We went into a 90 degree curve that kept turning. I scrubbed my floorboard and kept leaning. I finally crossed the yellow line before I got back into my lane. The other oncoming lane was a two lane so I could see there weren't any vehicles coming or I would have had to lean more. Could have been ugly. I went into the curve too fast. Made sure that didn't happen again. My brother in law who was in front of me on his goldwing said he heard my floorboards scrub.

Saturday I was riding with my wife on the back of my 05 venture. We were in the mountains of NC. We went into a 90 degree curve that kept turning. I scrubbed my floorboard and kept leaning. I finally crossed the yellow line before I got back into my lane. The other oncoming lane was a two lane so I could see there weren't any vehicles coming or I would have had to lean more. Could have been ugly. I went into the curve too fast. Made sure that didn't happen again.

Yeppers, could have been real ugly, especially with the wife on board. I am glad I do not put my wife in those dangerous situations, I just leave her at the gas station instead. :whistling: (http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=493551#poststop)

These bike seem to get top dollar, 6500 is my max.

They do hold their value well. I've looked at them lately too.

I ride a RSTD and I'm looking for a bike like a GW, Ultra, RSV or Valkyrie Interstate that has a radio/fairing, a trunk and a cushier passenger seat. Karen always rides with me and long rides are hard on her bum.

And by bum, I don't mean me.

They do hold their value well. I've looked at them lately too.

I ride a RSTD and I'm looking for a bike like a GW, Ultra, RSV or Valkyrie Interstate that has a radio/fairing, a trunk and a cushier passenger seat. Karen always rides with me and long rides are hard on her bum.

And by bum, I don't mean me.

Have the trunk painted but just got it installed again last night and don't have pic's yet. The Mustang seat helps but, am still planning to find a gel pad for the wife. We really like our TD - I would be afraid of the foot position on the Valk since I have problems with the wing already (To wide - it kills my hips)

Of all the bikes on the market in 2007 a used Valkyrie Interstate was my #2 choice right behind the RSV.

I could not find an acceptable bike at a price I wanted to pay, so I bought the RSV.

The Valk has more power!!!!

it has six carburetors so you will have to brew up a carb sync tool, as I could not find a six channel setup be it mercury manometers, vacuum gauges, electronic, etc.

IIRC the later years engines had a slightly higher rated Horsepower.

I love the dual headlights and LARGE alternator!!!!!!!!!! LOTS of watts of spare power for heated gear, cell phone chargers, auxiliary lighting, maybe a small fridge too.....

If I were to have a third bike, it would be a Valkyrie Interstate.

I would trade my 1950 Harley FL for one in good condition with a trailer.........

Of all the bikes on the market in 2007 a used Valkyrie Interstate was my #2 choice right behind the RSV.

I could not find an acceptable bike at a price I wanted to pay, so I bought the RSV.

The Valk has more power!!!!

it has six carburetors so you will have to brew up a carb sync tool, as I could not find a six channel setup be it mercury manometers, vacuum gauges, electronic, etc.

IIRC the later years engines had a slightly higher rated Horsepower.

I love the dual headlights and LARGE alternator!!!!!!!!!! LOTS of watts of spare power for heated gear, cell phone chargers, auxiliary lighting, maybe a small fridge too.....

If I were to have a third bike, it would be a Valkyrie Interstate.

I would trade my 1950 Harley FL for one in good condition with a trailer.........

I'm on my 4th Valk. They do have 6 carbs but you don't have to synch them every time you turn around like on the RSTD and RSV. I put 114,000 miles on my '97 and synched the carbs once.

Yeppers, could have been real ugly, especially with the wife on board. I am glad I do not put my wife in those dangerous situations, I just leave her at the gas station instead. :whistling: (http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=493551#poststop)

I knew there had to be a plan there. You were just thinking of her!!

I'd stick with that one!!!:whistling:

Edited by Yammer Dan

I've looked at the Valk a few times too ... haven't ridden one yet but plan to first opportunity I get.

Followed a buddy riding a Valk with a car tire on the rear through some mountain twisties enroute to Kruisin the Kootenays ... I can tell ya this.... he had no trouble draggin the footpegs around those tight corners and there was no way I could keep up to him.