IGNORED

Two weeks Two new bikes

lockdoc

Well after my odyssey of 3,000 miles in 4 days after I picked up my 04 Venture last week I was very impressed with the comfort offered by this bike.

Well now I've added handling as well.

Thanks to all those members who have provided us newbies with all the necessary info on this site to help us get the best out of our bikes and enjoy the riding experience.

I took your advice and ditched the Brickstones and fitted Avon Venoms with the narrow tyre at the front. Also, being a bit of a short a$$ I lowered the front end 1 inch. As well as comfort I now have a bike that also handles.

An added benefit of pulling the front end apart was finding two hornets nests that needed cleaning out. One in the fairing and one in the throttle housing.

Maybe thats why some of you guys have the chirp.:rotf:

Last of all I ditched the oil and oil filter and replaced with Mobil 1 10-50.

I'm sure its running quieter now.

Thanks to everyone here.

Glad you like your new ride... The RSV is a great bike and will last a long time provided you maintain it properly..You should be happy with it for years to come.

An added benefit of pulling the front end apart was finding two hornets nests that needed cleaning out. One in the fairing and one in the throttle housing.

I just found one on mine two days ago under the right side passenger foot rest...have no idea how in the world a hornet had time to make a nest there because my bike is always moving..

Guest KitCarson
Well after my odyssey of 3,000 miles in 4 days after I picked up my 04 Venture last week I was very impressed with the comfort offered by this bike.

Well now I've added handling as well.

Thanks to all those members who have provided us newbies with all the necessary info on this site to help us get the best out of our bikes and enjoy the riding experience.

I took your advice and ditched the Brickstones and fitted Avon Venoms with the narrow tyre at the front. Also, being a bit of a short a$$ I lowered the front end 1 inch. As well as comfort I now have a bike that also handles.

Maybe thats why some of you guys have the chirp.:rotf:

Last of all I ditched the oil and oil filter and replaced with Mobil 1 10-50.

I'm sure its running quieter now.

Thanks to everyone here.

Glad you like your new toy.....fun taint it!! Be careful with that oil.....these fellows will jump all over you for using energy conserving oil........I just tell them I like to put my feet up and conserve energy:sign20: Kit