IGNORED

Lubing Shift Linkage Ball Joints

Something thin and waterproof.

I use this:

http://www2.dupont.com/Consumer_Lubricants/en_US/assets/images/pg_multiuse.jpg

DuPont Performance Lubricants - Multi-Use Lubricant with DuPont Teflon Fluoropolymer, 11 oz Aerosol Spray

To go to DuPont's web site, click HERE

Use to be able to find Dri_Slide in any good Ace or Auto Parts place :confused24: I use Silicone spray most of the time. The 3-in-1 is a good idea too. I have a heck of a time getting the rubber boot back on the rear, when I pop it off for this. :mad:

Something thin and waterproof.

I use this:

http://www2.dupont.com/Consumer_Lubricants/en_US/assets/images/pg_multiuse.jpg

DuPont Performance Lubricants - Multi-Use Lubricant with DuPont Teflon Fluoropolymer, 11 oz Aerosol Spray

To go to DuPont's web site, click HERE

:sign yeah that:

+1 on the Dupont Teflon lube (you can get it at Lowe's). Used the stuff on my YZF600R chain. It will not collect dust and dirt like chain lube or oil lubes.

I use White Lithium Grease. Select a tube with a narrow nose, so you can stick it in the small rubber covers to apply the grease. I use the same lithium grease on my Front brake and clutch levers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is what I now use. i was having shift linkage problems and the previous owner was using heavy axle grease. combined with dust from our gravel road, it gunked up my linkage to the point of not being able to shift. Squidley found this and we used white lithium instead and I have not had a problem since.