IGNORED

I'm QUITTING!

SilvrT

I started smoking a few years back & love it!

Nothing better than lighting up the pipe!

Pipe smokers live on average (2) years longer than non-smokers........

Cheers.

:bighug:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started smoking a few years back & love it!

Nothing better than lighting up the pipe!

Pipe smokers live on average (2) years longer than non-smokers........

Cheers.

:bighug:

hmmmmm what kinda tobakky you got in that pipe?

speaking of which, no one has answered my Q about pot yet LOL

:D

Pretty good... I kept it down to mebbe 3 smokes from the time I woke up 'till I got home after work yesterday. Then I had a whole one. Wife got home and we changed to go out for dinner, drinks & dancin. We shared one before we went out but didn't take any with us. Got home around midnight, had 2 puffs and went to bed. I've had 2 puffs..no 3 puffs this morning so far and I've been up for 1.5 hrs. I made a mistake on "butt out" day... it's actually Monday that will be the first day of no smoking.

Sounds like you have a good mind set on this thing. We're here to support you! I'll repeat the best advice I have...Quit for one cig at a time. Don't put pressure on yourself beyond that. That causes stress and stress makes you want a cig!

hmmmmm what kinda tobakky you got in that pipe?

speaking of which, no one has answered my Q about pot yet LOL

:D

Well,,,,,,,, that humboldt country blend has a nice tang to it! For starters............. :225:

Cigs........

There are more than 4,000 ingredients in a cigarette other than tobacco. Common additives include yeast, wine, caffeine, beeswax and chocolate. Here are some other ingredients:

Ammonia: Household cleaner

Angelica root extract: Known to cause cancer in animals

Arsenic: Used in rat poisons

Benzene: Used in making dyes, synthetic rubber

Butane: Gas; used in lighter fluid

Carbon monoxide: Poisonous gas

Cadmium: Used in batteries

Cyanide: Deadly poison

DDT: A banned insecticide

Ethyl Furoate: Causes liver damage in animals

Lead: Poisonous in high doses

Formaldehiyde: Used to preserve dead specimens

Methoprene: Insecticide

Megastigmatrienone: Chemical naturally found in grapefruit juice

Maltitol: Sweetener for diabetics

Napthalene: Ingredient in mothballs

Methyl isocyanate: Its accidental release killed 2000 people in Bhopal, India in 1984

Polonium: Cancer-causing radioactive element

Quit last Febuary cold turkey.

:240::240::240::240:

Decided that I was not going to pay $35.00 a carton for cigarettes.

:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money:

So I went out and bought 5 cartons on New Years Eve, because Texas was going up $10.00 a carton on 01/01/07. (Since then I've seen them in some places in Texas nearly $50.00 a carton.) When I ran out of those 5 cartons, that was it! Have not touched one since, and I had been smoke since my teens. But I still miss having one after a good meal or a beer.:hurts:

Guest Mackinawman

Congratulations and never quit quitting.

I chewed smokeless tobacco for years until a year or so ago the Doc said I had some suspicious looking spots in my mouth and better quit chewing. I quit immediately and haven't went back. Man - that scared the livin daylights outa me. Since the spots have went away and am OK.

There is not a day goes by that I don't want a chew but have held steadfast.

If you have ever seem pics of anybody with mouth cancer you would never go near tobacco.

I quit smoking in Feb. Smoked for almost 40 yrs and was doing about 2.5 packs a day. Tried everything you can imagine over the years to quit. Finally tried a laser treatment. Walked in a smoker walked out a non-smoker, not an ex-smoker. I think that was the number 1 thing for me. I know it seems like a small thing but shifting my thinking from being an ex-smoker to being a non-smoker made all the difference in the world.

What's next, a non-drinking thread. :whistling:

I remenber asking this ex-heavy drug user/ drinker I know why he keeps on smoking. He said "that's the only pleasure I have left".

What's next, a non-drinking thread. :whistling:

I remenber asking this ex-heavy drug user/ drinker I know why he keeps on smoking. He said "that's the only pleasure I have left".

I won't be on that thread... I enjoy my rum & coke, wine, liquers, and beer ... I don't drink excessively but I do enjoy them.

Rum & Coke! Yeah............

I'm good with no more than 4 of them within a 5 hour period. I have my limits and I don't go beyound them. Just like smoking. I may have 2 or 3 bowls of tobaccy in a weeks time. That's it. Smoking the pipe is not habit forming for me at all.

Rum & Coke! Yeah............

I'm good with no more than 4 of them within a 5 hour period. I have my limits and I don't go beyound them. Just like smoking. I may have 2 or 3 bowls of tobaccy in a weeks time. That's it. Smoking the pipe is not habit forming for me at all.

Smoking a pipe sounds like a good "alternative"... I may take that up..we'll see.

N-E-Wayz .... wife & I had a little "ceremony" last night .... we had 3 cigs left in the pack I bought Friday after work. We poured ourselves a shot of Sambucca, lit up 2 of the cigs, ripped up the pack and the 3rd cig, lit them on fire , smoked the 2 cigs and made a toast to our transition to being non-smokers.

I'm on my forth week of Chantix. I'll tell you what, I've never had dreams like this before. I thought I was going crazy, until I read the part about the strange dream side effect.

Boy, do I feel better about that.

Week three was cigarette free for me.

Hang in there bud!!

LOL... I had a doozer of a dream night couple nights ago. This is start of week 2 for me on the Champix (that's what they call it here in Canada).

Feeling a bit "wierd" today... so far...

Quitting smoking was the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life.

I finally quit by realizing that tobacco had me licked. I couldn't have "one" or else the whole train would start again.

I've been tobacco free for 15 years. Greatest thing I ever did. It sure seems dumb to pay big bucks for a thing that will kill you and then. . . set the damned thing on fire and suck on it.

Other people can smoke if they want to. Just don't exhale when you anywhere around me!

Smoking a pipe sounds like a good "alternative"... I may take that up..we'll see.

Not a good idea. If you want to kick the nicotine habit once and for all, and forever, don't substitute another form of tobacco. Smoking a pipe will have you hanging on to that addiction, and will eventually lead you back to the cigs, I'm sure.

Don't do it Silvr! For one, you'll look silly trying to ride and smoke a pipe. Secondly, tobacco will still have its hold on you. You would be able to say, "I kinda quit." :no-no-no:

Don't do it Silvr! For one, you'll look silly trying to ride and smoke a pipe. Secondly, tobacco will still have its hold on you. You would be able to say, "I kinda quit." :no-no-no:

I kinda agree.... no pipe for me! (definately don't wanna look silly) LOL