IGNORED

Bike in Kingman KS

utadventure

Anyone close to Kingman, KS that can take a look at this bike:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Motorcycles-/6024/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A2492&_nkw=goldwing&_dmpt=US_motorcycles&_sticky=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_sop=2&_sc=1

The ad indicates that it had some damage and brakes unevenly.

My son is interested in this but wants to check it (or have it checked out) where it has a salvage title.

Dave

Dave, Witchta is probably the closest major to Kingman. I checked the KS listings and found 6 or 7 expired members listed. I'd try to comtact one of them about a look see.... Looks like the bike might have potential....

Hey this is Utadventure's son,

I no longer need anyone to go look at that Goldwing. I am now the proud owner of an 83 Venture Royal :big-grin-emoticon:.

The day after I saw that Goldwing online and had my dad start this post he found a blondie venture only about an hour away from us that the owner was willing to sell for 1k.

The problems? A dead battery, minor damage to the plastic (nothing worse than the usual wear and tear), needs a new back tire, and the electronics were pulled out and he didn't know if they worked or not.

He jump started me to get me home and the panel showed the bike putting out a solid 13~14V the entire way home. The trip charged the battery and the battery is holding the charge. The plastic I know how to fix and I'll probably repaint the bike after I'm done anyway (even though the paint still looks good enough for now). I've ordered a rear tire and after one night of fiddling with the electronics everything works.

I had to curse the previous owner for the backwards and slapstick way he wired some things. (most of the night was spent just undoing previous "fixes" and redoing them so that they were more discrete and less likely to leave me stranded on the side of the road doing these same fixes.) But all and all, great deal for a 1000 bucks.

As soon as I get the tire in I'll be riding it. :Venture:

Anyone close to Kingman, KS that can take a look at this bike:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Motorcycles-/6024/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A2492&_nkw=goldwing&_dmpt=US_motorcycles&_sticky=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_sop=2&_sc=1

The ad indicates that it had some damage and brakes unevenly.

My son is interested in this but wants to check it (or have it checked out) where it has a salvage title.

Dave

Here is his web page.

http://bobzbikz.com/Home.aspx