I have an 06 venture and someone decided they needed the top of my CB antenna more than I did. Replacement in Canada from dealer is $230.00. Does anyone have any reasonably priced alternatives?

Try Pinwall's FleaBay store if you wanna keep the OEM style. I went to Flying J and replaced both antennas, mounts, connectors and all for a little over $100.00US

What part are you actually referring to? Is it just the top piece with a tiny ball on top that attaches to the lower portion with a couple of set scews? Or is it the section with the black CB piece?

Okay, here's the deal. I have a CB antenna that originally, by loosening the chrome sleeve, would fold down. The threads apparently got froze up and I put too much presssure on it and broke the hinge piece. How about $75 for the whole unit?

I have an 06 venture and someone decided they needed the top of my CB antenna more than I did. Replacement in Canada from dealer is $230.00. Does anyone have any reasonably priced alternatives?

Lemme know if you're stuck I think I still have my OLD one..

I did the Firestiks mod on my bike.. makes it look better. :)

The CB antenna on a 2G is prone to break off at the plastic midway point. Just saying that's what might have happened. If so, I have read on this forum where it may be covered by warranty. Mine broke when I hung it on a low overhead door but I was able to get the plastic piece milled and it works fine. You might check with your dealer per chance it broke on its own. Look through the forum and I believe you'll find evidence of them being covered under warranty and with an 06 your warranty is still good.

My CB antenna broke at the load. I replaced both antennas with a single Firefly for about $75. The dual Firefly system works better than stock. The single Firefly setup works better than the dual - looks better too, though that could just be me. Single antenna conversion instructions here.

looks better too

:no-no-no::)

Beat me to it. I think you will be happier w/ the Firestiks IMO. I think they look better than stock whether single or dual.

Bummer can give you more details on the performance difference of 1 vs. 2, but thinking lately if you must have 2 for looks, do a single conversion and then use a 2nd as a dummy antenna.

:no-no-no::)

Beat me to it. I think you will be happier w/ the Firestiks IMO. I think they look better than stock whether single or dual.

The ones I got at Flying J look just like the Firesticks, and If I remember were a few $$$$$s cheaper. Also, no shipping required...:stirthepot: