IGNORED

Brakes, Are they Safe?

royalstarjac

Reading the headlight modulator discussion has got me to thinkin.

A lot of wrecks happen as a result of improper use of the rear brake. Highsides and such, so I'm thinking about removing my rear brake.

That way it can't lock up causing me to go sidways and then high side when I stupidly release the brake during the slide.

Well what do yall think?

Yeah I know, I'm a smarta$$.:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Guest cyote61

A lot of wrecks happen as a result of improper use of the rear brake. Highsides and such, so I'm thinking about removing my rear brake.

That way it can't lock up causing me to go sidways and then high side when I stupidly release the brake during the slide.

Well what do yall think?

Well I think it will make for some very interesting riding:rotf:

Guest KitCarson

Well what do yall think?

In my considered opinion, I think if you took the brake rod off and replaced it with a screen door spring.....you would not have any danger of getting into a high side slide. I have no documents or statistics to support this but sounds like to me it would prevent sliding. :rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rotf:

Why do we have to keep forgetting history and it's valuable lessons...

Those OLD flat track riders saved weight and got better gas milage by eliminating BOTH brakes.

And if pedestrians know you have this "option", they will be much better about not stepping out in front of you.

It WOULD make intersections and downhill runs more interesting.