IGNORED

Selling Price for a 2006 Midnight Venture

OB-1

Howdy All;

I'm trying to come up with a selling price for my 2006 Midnight Venture. It's basically stock with passing lights and LED brake,tail and turn signal lights added and it has 40,000 miles. A local dealer wanted to give us on $6200. Any ideas what our bike might actually sell for?

Thanks!

Howdy All;

I'm trying to come up with a selling price for my 2006 Midnight Venture. It's basically stock with passing lights and LED brake,tail and turn signal lights added and it has 40,000 miles. A local dealer wanted to give us on $6200. Any ideas what our bike might actually sell for?

Thanks!

You know of course that dealers buy at WHOLESALE and sell at RETAIL - so his offer of $6200 can be increased by $2500 to $3000 for retail - depending on how clean, detailed etc your bike is.

Kelly Blue Book online HERE gives :

Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $7280

Suggested Retail Value $10315

They also state for a 750 & up Touring bike the expected accumulated average mileage is 19050, so regrettably your bike would be worth less due to its high mileage. Details are HERE

They also say to add 30% of receipt value for factory options and 26% for aftermarket options. Details are HERE

Thanks Gentlemen!

The new "wing" we looked at yesterday sure was nice, but the payments weren't so we'll we continue to ride our very nice and completely paid for Venture. The only reason we were at the dealer was to get the rear shock replaced under warrenty. We'll need to remember to stay out of the "show room" when we go back to pick up our Venture.

:Venture:

Kelly Blue Book online HERE gives :

They also state for a 750 & up Touring bike the expected accumulated average mileage is 19050, so regrettably your bike would be worth less due to its high mileage.

Can you really call a motorcycle a "touring bike" if it has only 19,000 miles in 4 years? By "expected", I assume this is either the mean or median mileage accumulated. Either way, it's shameful. Call it something else.

Dave

Howdy All;

Thanks!

I just sold my blue 07 for $10,000,but it had low mile.Put it on craigslist

See what happens