IGNORED

does anyone use wetter than wet in there bikes?

waterbug

I have some friends that race cars both circle and drag race and some of them use something called wetter than wet in the radiator to make the cars run cooler and I didnt know if anyone has used it in there bikes? Might make them run cooler in the summer and not be some hot all the time in town.

Years ago I did a little dirt track racing and water temp was always an issue because of the radiator getting more and more plugged with dirt as the race went on so we tried everything we heard of to help run cooler. Back then the product was just called water wetter and it did seem to help. I have no idea how but it just helped to get more heat transfer.

Ive been using Water Wetter from Redline for years. While I never stuck my finger in the water to see if there is a difference, it did seem to cool things down slightly. Rider magazine had recommended it years ago and I have used it ever since.:smile5:

Thanks for the info! I woulda swore they told me wetter than wet but I havent seen a can of it so I dont know for sure and since you guys have you must be rite. Now does it do anything when it gets colder out to ride? I do try to ride alot when its cold out and as long as there is not ice on the road or snow I will ride or try to anyway. Thanks

The info on the redlineoil site stops just short of telling how it does it. Any product like this lowers the surface tension of the water ie-makes the molecules less sticky or cohesive. (kinda like Plavix for water...lol) This allows the molecules to achieve closer contact with the hot metal surfaces and transfer heat much more efficiently.

Living in hot a-- Texas, I had been looking at any way to get three of my last lst editions to run cooler in the summer. So, I tried the Redline water wetter or wetter than water (whatever that stuff is called). Mixed it according to the manufacturers recommendations. My opinion....BS. It is just another way to get more of your money. Spend away if you want but the best way to ensure your bikes cooling system is operating at optimum performance is to ensure the system is completely free of any scale buildup and that the radiator is not blocked by small debris getting lodged in between the cooling fins. Just my 2 cents.