IGNORED

One thing to consider.

footsie

One thing to consider when riding a RSV with CT along with RSV's with MT

If your the one in frount with the kumho on back, and get in a situation where you need to stop suddenly, the one with MT on back can not stop in the same distance.

Riding with a couple of guys I met the other day and had to stop for a 4 wheeler that pulled out in frount of us, I got stopped it plenty of time, they slid right by me on each side, neither hit the car but it was close. and they several bike lenghts behind me when this started because I looked in the mirror to see if I was going to be rear ended as soon as I hit the brakes.

I know different bikes stops have different stoping distances, my brother's wing will stop shorter than my RSV, bobby's harley takes more distance. But normally when riding with a group of the same bikes you expect them to act close to the same. I just thought I would post this just for info something to have in mind. and yes reaction time plays a part too.

We were staggered I was in frount, but both of them slid by me, the guy directly behind me must have looked off for a second because it looked like he was at least 10 bike lenghts behind me, but he didn't get stopped till he was in frount of me, he was right up at the car.

He did lock up his rear tire was sliding the whole distance after he hit the brake, the other guy didn't lock his, neither did I.

Also it was a straight road with no blind spot, the driver just simplely pulled out in frount of us, (no offense intended ladies) but is was a women on her cell phone. She pulled out then saw us and just stopped there blocking the whole road.

Gregg

Maybe the other two riders A) Didn't see the problem/react as soon as you or B) Don't have the same braking skills that you do.

Just a couple of possibilities.

I wouldn't doubt at all that those points did play into it, but don't discount the Kumho traction. I can only speak about my bike but it's much harder to lock the rear with the Kumho and when you do, it isn't a smooth slide. You can tell it definitely doesn't want to slide with all the squealing and traction judder.

Totally different scenario doing the same thing with the Venom on my Road Star. The transition from braking to sliding is not nearly as pronounced. Actually, I can hardly tell when it locks up until the rear starts sliding off center.