IGNORED

Your Thoughts?

72ranger

My brothers father-n-law (Bill) has an 07 Midnight TD. He called me and stated that his bike was getting hot. Very hot on his legs, almost unbearable. Since then he spoke to a Yamaha mechanic about what he had. The mechanic asked if he made any changes recently. Bill informed him that he switched his oil from Yamalube to Rotella T 15-40. The mechanic said that, the oil was his problem.

Today he changed the oil back to Yamalube and said that it is no longer running hot. So basically he states that the heat was coming from the lower end of the engine.

I know many folks on this forum use oil other than Yamalube, so have anybody had this experience before? I am running Rotella in my 07 TD, and have not noticed any issues.

I`m running Rotella T and have no issuse, I know that there are a bunch of folks on here that run it, maybe he has somthing else going on....

My brothers father-n-law (Bill) has an 07 Midnight TD. He called me and stated that his bike was getting hot. Very hot on his legs, almost unbearable. Since then he spoke to a Yamaha mechanic about what he had. The mechanic asked if he made any changes recently. Bill informed him that he switched his oil from Yamalube to Rotella T 15-40. The mechanic said that, the oil was his problem.

Today he changed the oil back to Yamalube and said that it is no longer running hot. So basically he states that the heat was coming from the lower end of the engine.

I know many folks on this forum use oil other than Yamalube, so have anybody had this experience before? I am running Rotella in my 07 TD, and have not noticed any issues.

Guest scarylarry
Rotella dino 15w40 is all I run in my bike, and I've rode it in stop n go traffic in 95 degree heat, and never experienced any overheating.

It's something else.

95???? Try 105 on Friday in Cincinnati in the middle town and yes they was hot but never overheated and what 5 ventures and Double D I would guess was the only one that isn't using Rotella...

I would have to day that is the worst stop and go traffic I been in on that bike, I try to avoid the towns by back roads or interstate..

Just thought I would remind you of that day in case you forgot..:big-grin-emoticon:

Great seeing you Saturday we had a blast and the ride home was awesome though we didn't get home till midnight

That's pretty much what I expected to hear... The mechanic said that there is no way for the thermostat to stick open. But that's what it sounds like to me. I had a truck do that to me once. It never really over heated just ran hot.

I have had the same positive experience with Rotella myself. Thanks for all the feed back!!:beer:

Any idea's that you can think of that I might be able to pass along would be great!