IGNORED

NO Juice

TDunc

2006 RSTD 23K miles

OK gentlemen and ladies,

I just went out to take a ride with my wife. Rolled the bike out of the garage, packed the bike, got helmets and stuff then tried to start the bike.

When I turned the key I had lights etc. I hit the starter, did not fire the first time.

Pulled the choke a little and went to hit the button again. I must have not pushed hard enough because it sounded like I hit the button two times real close together.

It was then that the lights went out.

I have checked all fuses including mains, all wiring that I can see with seat off and cowling/covers off. I have nothing. Battery appears still good as it will still light my accent lights that are not run through the switch.

Any ideas, hints or suggestions?

Thanks in advance everyone.

2006 RSTD 23K miles

OK gentlemen and ladies,

I just went out to take a ride with my wife. Rolled the bike out of the garage, packed the bike, got helmets and stuff then tried to start the bike.

When I turned the key I had lights etc. I hit the starter, did not fire the first time.

Pulled the choke a little and went to hit the button again. I must have not pushed hard enough because it sounded like I hit the button two times real close together.

It was then that the lights went out.

I have checked all fuses including mains, all wiring that I can see with seat off and cowling/covers off. I have nothing. Battery appears still good as it will still light my accent lights that are not run through the switch.

Any ideas, hints or suggestions?

Thanks in advance everyone.

The first place I would check is the battery and the battery connections. A high resistance connection at the battery terminals or an open cell or shorted cell in the battery could be the cause. Could be the ignition switch if the battery and the connections are in good shape.

There is also a main fuse, 30amp, in conjunction with the starter solenoid.

If this fuse blows, 100% of power on bike is gone, other than things added that were wired direct to battery.

The only thing that does not run through this fuse is the cranking power for the starter. Starter will not work though, due to control circuit not having power.

Gary

Hey thanks gentlemen.

Even after the initial run through of all the fuses, sticking a screwdriver to the bat terminals I was still stumped..

So, I decided to disconnect the battery and sure enough, as I was doing that, I got a spark.. Seems it had created some corrosion and was not making good contact.

Thanks again.