IGNORED

Identity Theft

FROG MAN

Welcome to the age of Identity theft. The age of abundant information puts us all at risk. You guys might want to take a look at life lock. http://www.lifelock.com/default.aspx?promocode=now

The free credit reports each year,instant notification of a request for credit in your name, and a cut down of junk mail is worth 9 bucks a month.Never thought I would see the day we needed this protection. Paul Harvey says its a good thing.

Guest KitCarson
Welcome to the age of Identity theft. The age of abundant information puts us all at risk. You guys might want to take a look at life lock. http://www.lifelock.com/default.aspx?promocode=now

The free credit reports each year,instant notification of a request for credit in your name, and a cut down of junk mail is worth 9 bucks a month.Never thought I would see the day we needed this protection. Paul Harvey says its a good thing.

Can I say something about this? Please.......I hear this all the time......I agree to be prudent.......but.........I am self employed.....and use various credit cards all the time.....for everything.....I have one for everything and every place...society is based on this ...and saves time....till the one day a month I have to go wade through all that stuff!!

I deal with Ferguson Supply a lot.....they have branches all over the world. Yep I spotted a charge on my supply invoice for materials purchased in Holland......yep Holland......never been there.......hear the girls are blonde and pretty.....but I have never been there. Took about three weeks to get it fixed........and a credit....someone had picked my account and name at random......off the computer.......shure did.

I found a charge on my master card for 1400 dollars or so....couple years ago........someone had done the same thing.........got a phone bill for 935 dollars....someone had copied down the phone number off my truck and was using my cell phone.......on a computer somehow to make calls....

A fellow plumber called me this week......I have a small web site....he had found it.....called me to ask me how it works...(it dont!!) It costs me like 18 dollars a month.......someone was using my name.....trying to sell him the last slot on the city multi listing service for 249.99 a month, I told him hey the internet is like the universe......unlimited......there is no such thing as the last slot on a city wide listing........they were trying to feed him a sack of mushrooms:sign20:.

You have to watch a lot of companies such as the like the ones Mr. Harvey is talking about...they sell you stuff that is free and in place already.

Free Credit reports are already in place........if someone uses my credit card or tries to do me wrong...all it takes is a phone call or two and some patience. Girl who works at one of the property management companies I work for......was all upset and crying when I stopped in......someone had gotten her bank statement...and social security number........had like 2200 dollars in checks against her account........the bank took care of it.......if you can prove it......they have insurance that covers this stuff.....and a whole team of investigators to go find the one who did it.

So you have to watch for bogus stuff on the internet and on the news....it is rampant now....lots of people do not wish to work......they want to prey on the fears of others.......works pretty good too.....but no need to worry.......most of this stuff is already in place........Just thought I would respond to this....as I have been through it a time or two. Kit Besides who would want to steal my identity? I am just really too ugly.......

The agreement is full of holes, they can do what they darn well please and have really no resonsibilty at all. At least that's the way I read it. Be sure you read the entire agreement before you sign on, and keep in mind that you are sending a lot of the info, that you do not want to give to some one else, to some one who you know nothing about.

I typed lifelock into the google search bar and along with the company website i also saw some hits to a lot of information about the guy who started lifelock. seems he or some of his company officers have been convicted of fraud several times in the past. it was a while back when i did the search so the memory is a little fuzzy, but just do a google search and maybe put in lifelock and fraud, or just lifelock. if you look a little you will find it.

I typed lifelock into the google search bar and along with the company website i also saw some hits to a lot of information about the guy who started lifelock. seems he or some of his company officers have been convicted of fraud several times in the past. it was a while back when i did the search so the memory is a little fuzzy, but just do a google search and maybe put in lifelock and fraud, or just lifelock. if you look a little you will find it.

The founder had several past bankruptcies. He is no longer with the company.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/06/17/the-hit-job-on-lifelock/

• 2 weeks later...

I was at a small 911 center for about 1 hour yesterday. While I was there servicing some equipment two calls came in for Identity theft. One was a stole identity claim and application for credit in there name. The other was a charge on a credit card by a unknown person. This is a small center they might get 5 calls an hour on there 911 phones.Makes you think about the growing crime rate of identy theft.

The problem lies not only in the credit card fraud which is what a free credit report will cover. The real problem lies in the fact that there are 5 different areas of actual identity theft. People steal your Drivers License #, Your Medical Insurance (thus corrupting your medical history), Social Security, Character or Criminal, and Finanacial history.

When it comes to Lifelock yes they will monitor your credit history, But that is only one form of Identity theft. The founder had previously been convicted of Identity theft and that is why he is no longer allowed to sit on the board for his company.

If you want the #1 Risk management company in the world working on your side to monitor the 5 areas of possible identity theft. Alert you when there is any activity on those 5 areas and restore your identity for you when it is stolen. Then you can find out more @ www.jerryroy.com