IGNORED

Edsets 3G vs. J&M Elite

Has anyone compared the two models? I have it narrowed down to those two choices. With the price at my dealer they are about the same price so that is not an issue.

We will use it to listen to music and intercom. We have the HJC IS-33 helmets, I believe they are called 3/4, have the flip-down face shield (not modular).

Thanks!

Picture of our helmets:

http://admin.helmetharbor.com/Images/StoreImages/2/51644_3.jpg

Has anyone compared the two models? I have it narrowed down to those two choices. With the price at my dealer they are about the same price so that is not an issue.

We will use it to listen to music and intercom. We have the HJC IS-33 helmets, I believe they are called 3/4, have the flip-down face shield (not modular).

Thanks!

Picture of our helmets:

I have both and I prefer the JM Elite. For some reason I have not been able to figure out, the Edsets with Zumo were to low even with volume cranked up everywhere to max. With the JM Elite, I am back to normal range of volume with Zumo and the radio.

I know lots here prefer the Edsets, but not me.

Yes, I'm in the other camp. In my opinion, the Elite's don't hold a candle to the Edsets.

Sleeperhawk, I suspect that you had yours too far from your ears. If you had them in the same recesses that the thicker J&Ms were in, they were way to far away. They are so thin that I actually have mine secured to the outside of the liner right next to my ears.

Yes, I'm in the other camp. In my opinion, the Elite's don't hold a candle to the Edsets.

Sleeperhawk, I suspect that you had yours too far from your ears. If you had them in the same recesses that the thicker J&Ms were in, they were way to far away. They are so thin that I actually have mine secured to the outside of the liner right next to my ears.

Actually, the EdSets were the first ones in the new helmet. I actually had to carve out some of the styrofoam to make room for the JM because they were thicker. Even Bobbie said she could not hear very well with the EDsets in my helmet, because I thought I was loosing my hearing (another story) .

I just don't know then. Mine are louder on the same volume setting than any others I have used. I know this sounds dumb but are you SURE you didn't have them turned around backwards. :) I actually DID have one of mine backwards for a while.

Thanks!

Picture of our helmets:

I have he Elite 584 and love them...BTW I have 2 helmets like the ones you have,IS33 loved the look but my head is to big so had to go with Shoei for me and the wife..Ill be selling them soon but really liked the flip down inner shade..wish we could have wore them,just used them 1 time

I just don't know then. Mine are louder on the same volume setting than any others I have used. I know this sounds dumb but are you SURE you didn't have them turned around backwards. :) I actually DID have one of mine backwards for a while.

Nope, made sure of that too. Just got really frustrated with them, and went and bought the JM Elites. Happy now.

Guest scarylarry
Nope, made sure of that too. Just got really frustrated with them, and went and bought the JM Elites. Happy now.

Maybe a bad set? I'm happy with my JM but would love to have heard a set others before I purchase these to make a fair comparison..

I have the Edsets that I use with my Zumo 550 and also noticed that I could not quite hear well with them. Can only compare them to a Scala Rider bluetooth. I just figured it was due to being half deaf. I bought a rechargeable amplifier (iASUS) that has a volume control knob that comes in real handy. I wish the Zumo audio was speed dependent like the Scala.