IGNORED

Need a windshield Mole 1 for 09 Royal Star Venture

I been trying to find a Windsheild Mole 1 (Part Number 4XY-28345-00-00 ) for my 09 Royal Star Venture. The only place I can find them are from Yamaha, they run from $165 to about $190. I put a showcrome windshield on my bike, but in taking the stock shield off, I broke the tabs that hold the mole agains the windshield.

I hate like heck paying that kind of money for a piece of plastic. You would think someone would sell a metal chrome mole.

Anyhow, just wondering..

Love the bike, great ride...

Ride Safe.

D:nanner:

Yes, if you have the piece that broke off, you can glue it back on. Pipe cement in the plumbing department for ABS works great also. The method I posted above though is great if the tab is missing. Actually I think it's the best way even if you have the broken off tab because it is a much stronger repair. Even stronger than the original.

I was wondering if anyone put a wider tire on the rear and a smaller tire on the front. I thought I read somewhere this helps in the handling and makes the bike feel lighter.

I think, I will check on the Dunlop E3, but would like a wider tire on the rear.

Also, will the Dunlop do OK, while still running the stock tire on the bike. The rear is almost gone, 4800 miles, the front looks almost new.

D-Venture-star - Ride safe.

I was wondering if anyone put a wider tire on the rear and a smaller tire on the front. I thought I read somewhere this helps in the handling and makes the bike feel lighter.

I think, I will check on the Dunlop E3, but would like a wider tire on the rear.

Also, will the Dunlop do OK, while still running the stock tire on the bike. The rear is almost gone, 4800 miles, the front looks almost new.

D-Venture-star - Ride safe.

Yeah, the front should do okay if not better running a new E3 on the back. The narrower tire (130 instead of the 150) has been done and does help the handling, at low speeds. Some have said, however, that highway handling gets a bit squirrely with the narrower front.

Most say that, unless your vertically challenged, you're better off with the stock front and the leveling links from diamond R. The links raise the back of the bike changing the trail on the front wheel making it handle better at slow speeds. The general consensus is that the handling difference is about the same with either one and that the wider tire in front gives more stability.