IGNORED

Foam Grip Covers

Evan

Been meaning to pass on this info especially for those who have original foam grips that are showing wear. About ten years ago, I purchased some foam sleeves that went over my original grips. While I liked their comfort and feel, the quality of the foam was was not nearly as good as the original grips. However, the original grips on my 88VR were wearing badly so I decided to look for some new foam grip covers. I finally found a manufacturer that makes them - called "Grab On Quality Foam Grips" in WA. To my pleasant surprise, they make a size that is a perfect fit the 5in long x 1 1/2 in diameter original foam VR grips. They stay in place without need for any glue and are extremely comfortable and durable (so far). The manufactures says they are made from extra durable EPDM foam and claims to guarantee satisfaction. They are also an inexpensive fix at a price of about $10.

The last time I tried to use foam grips they would get very uncomfortable in the summer, bare hands, after extended riding. They would make my hands burn. Anyone have experience with these "Grip Puppies" in the summer heat?

Never had any issue with burning feeling even in the Florida heat, been using Grip Puppies on my Venture since I first found them in 2007, only problems have been they wear out after a couple of years and start to split and when they start to get old they will chaulk off on your hands and make your palms black.

They cured the numbness I used to get in my hands during long rides.

Hey Brad - The grip covers that I bought and really like are in their motorcycle section called Grab On Grip Covers (see picture from the grabon site). I don't have the correct size code with me (I'm working at the cottage), but I will post it to you tomorrow night.

http://www.grabongrips.com/images/large/grab_on_grip_covers_500.jpg

Evan,

Which style did you put on? I see a whole bunch of choices on the website.

Evan, where did you buy these? Did you buy them locally in Toronto or did you get them shipped in? I like to use local vendors if possible.

Brian H.

Brian - I tried to buy local but couldn't find anyone who sold these grips. I researched US suppliers and only found this one supplier (actually, the manufacturer I think) that normally doesn't retail but when I told him the problem I was having in finding a retail supplier, he agreed to sell directly to me. I went back to Snow City and showed them the grips and also gave them the name of a Canadian distributor, but they have not yet stocked these grips.