IGNORED

Great product for hot rides!

OldBear

Guys,

I just got back from a 150 mile ride where I tried out a new (to me) cooling product. I bought a Silver Eagle cooling vest. (saw it advertised in Cycle World) Basically you soak it in water and then, when the temps get too high while riding, you put this on UNDER your jacket and it will help keep you cool. Well today after about 50 miles the thermometer on my bike was showing 102F and I was getting pretty warm. Stopped and took the vest out of the trunk, put it on and replaced my jacket. I was immediately a whole lot cooler than I'd been before, and the cooling lasted 'till I was back home. It REALLY made a difference and was well worth the money IMHO. Makes hot weather riding a lot more pleasant, especially when wearing full gear. I'd never tried this type of thing before, but it REALLY helped me, and it is hot and humid here in Kentucky. If you ride ATGATT in hot weather it's worth a shot....

I used mine today coming home and hit many road construction projects with temps over *100. I bought mine last year for around $20.00 each. I toss mine in the BEERCART's cooler for about 20 minutes ahead of time to activate. Keep a vest or jacket over it or the wind will evaporate it and reduce cooling time.

BEER30

I found 'em in cycle world. The web site is: www.coolingapparel.com

Phone is 888 672-6963. I called 'em to order and they were very nice on the phone. Package was shipped right out and I had it in a couple days. Price is higher than some ($90) but the vest is nicely made and has what appears to be cordura on the outside. I'm a very satisfied customer:thumbsup2:

Were did you get one for $20.00 at? I have been thining about getting a couple of them.

They are available at many bike stores, Competition Accessories, Cycle Gear and other internet stores. I bought mine for $15.00 at the local Cycle Gear store.

:farmer:

Mechanic and I have a couple of cooling vests. They do work.

Here is a link to were we bought them.

The first one MicoCool Ponch, select it, then you have color options, we have the beige ones.

http://www.tuffrhino.com/Cooling_Vests_s/47.htm

That's where I got mine. Tuffrhino is GTG as far as ordering. I ordered a large amount of them and asked if they could be delivered quickly. There was a minor glitch and they did not show up. I called and they sent out another package overnight to the KOA camp in Asheville and refunded all my shipping. They arrived the day we arrived. I looked at the larger bulkier vest. These vest are very easily stored in a small amount of space when not used. Therefore I leave them in the saddle bags all the time. I believe SaltyDawg has the vest with the cool packs in them and they do last longer before recharges.

The neck wraps work good as well also. I had quite a few of them at MD in the BEERCART. Loaned them out and that was the last time I seen them. Those whom asked to use them seemed to like them , so I let them have them as they did not cost me anything. I got them free at Rolling Thunder where they were giving them out by the handfuls.

BEER30