IGNORED

Full Trunk

rumboogy

Just curious ... What is the biggest load anyone has put IN and ON their trunk (luggage rack). I am leaving tomorrow for a long trip (1 week to the Grand Canyon). I can put my ROLL BAG on the passenger seat (I'm riding solo), but the trunk is full too...Will I be OK. I am thinking maybe the roll bag is about 20 lbs and the trunk another 25-30lbs.

Any experiences?

Wally

I wouldn`t put more then 10-15lbs on top of trunk rack...I have had my trunk its self loaded down, as well as the saddle bags , just watch them, you will be able to tell if your hitting the limit as far as weight goes, don`t put the lids in a bind when closeing... but you should be ok.. have a great trip and ride safe

Just curious ... What is the biggest load anyone has put IN and ON their trunk (luggage rack). I am leaving tomorrow for a long trip (1 week to the Grand Canyon). I can put my ROLL BAG on the passenger seat (I'm riding solo), but the trunk is full too...Will I be OK. I am thinking maybe the roll bag is about 20 lbs and the trunk another 25-30lbs.

Any experiences?

Wally

Any experiences?

Wally

:think: You are carrying way too many clothes.. LOL

With my 1st gen and with the wife travelling with me this is how we did it. She had one saddle bag and me the other. Tools and rags etc. in the trunk and a sleeping bag on the rack.

When she got her own bike we had a larger bag I put our into and put it on the seat....it doubled as a back rest.

I try to keep the weight to the recommended level of 20 lbs and no more.