IGNORED

63 Y/O motorcyclist dies in fla

tufftom4

I am not sure how to word this, so please dont take it as a smart arse statement....

I guess I hate reading these stories like this. The reason why is people are not going to change, yes you will have one or two here but over all society as a whole group is not going to change. Everybody has places to be, everybody is late, everybody is tired etc.

After starting to ride mc again I started slowed down. Made me feel good about myself.

Yes I did take my sabre upto 120 a couple of times and ultimately did reach 135 but it was in an area that had no vehicles of any kind and the only one to have gotten hurt would have been me.

But the point is that it seems to me so many people think they are more important than there fellow human being. I see people cut off peolpe, change over 3 lanes to not miss a turn off etc. We have all seen it not just me.

But anyway when I read these stories it makes me sad, it makes me pissed and then I have this bad feeling that there is not a damn thing I can do about it. That is the feeling that I cant shake. So no I am not trying to be mean, it is just a situation that I cant handle.

I have been very fortunate that when I see a vehicle in my path I get a gut feeling that it, the driver, is going to do something stupid so I take precautions, make an escape plan and have lived so far. I wonder if you other riders get a gut feeling that an intersection poses a problem without even getting to stop at the intersection, or if you get a gut feeling that a certain car is going to cut you off? Gut feeling or instinct, I always trust them. I often wonder also if the man that got killed had a gut feeling and refused to believe it. Not just this incident but others also..

I am not asking people to agree with me just understand what I feel.

and a sergeant of a local PD - you would think he would be more aware of his surroundings. not saying politics will be involved but I would really like to see the outcome of this case.

The article already said that the jeep failed to give right of way -

I wonder if you other riders get a gut feeling that an intersection poses a problem without even getting to stop at the intersection, or if you get a gut feeling that a certain car is going to cut you off? Gut feeling or instinct, I always trust them.

If it wasn't for that gut feeling or instinct, I doubt I'd be alive today. Ya gotta listen to it.

But, there are times there is absolutely no time to get a gut feeling when someone just turns across in front of you.

Not to take a shot at LEO's or traffic laws, but I wonder if this would have been one of the cops that would not have hesitated to write me a ticket for running a strobe in my headlight. A strobe in the headlight on the Wing may have kept the guy alive.

RandyA

and a sergeant of a local PD - you would think he would be more aware of his surroundings.

The reality of this is they are people to and prone to the same mistakes we are. Having grown up and been around them all my life I can tell you that for a fact. I can also tell you its gonna haunt him more than it would the average person for a longer period of time. And as its been said, riding has its own set of dangers. I hate reading these things but its a fact of life when traveling in any type of vehicle.