IGNORED

The Queen's Dilemma

bikerscape

or, maybe the Kings...

I have a dilemma and some of you all have experience I need. I have an 05 RSTD. I recently purchased an 08 Concours. My SO wants to start riding again and she would like a "queen's seat" like on the GW/RSV. I love the 08 Concours for that solo ride and SPORT-touring capability but it's no 2-up mount. There really isn't an option of convincing her to ride on the RSTD. I've owned an 03 RSV and I simply won't buy another until it is updated as I want all the doodads.

We have sat on a new Victory Vision and even though it has many features I can't get past an air-cooled motor being mounted in all that plastic nor some elements of the design. I'm also not too interested in HD bikes due to power and noise issues.

I'm looking for something electric quiet as my 08 Concours ... I've found I really like that a lot.

So, given all this would you convince me not to buy an GW for 2-up riding ? You have any thoughts ?

Also, should I sell all my accessories and the RSTD separately ? Is that what you would do ? Here is the list:

Luggage Rack Dyna3000 Baron's Reservoir Tach Water Pump Cover Oil Cover Utopia Backrest (may retro to the GV ?)

Brake Reservoir Cover Left Side Air Wings

Aluminum Radiator Cover

BUBs Stock Windshield

K&N Filters

Even if it means you buy a bike you may not like as much, if you have the means to give your queen what she wants, go for it. Keep the Concours for yourself and get mamma whatever she wants. You know that there a lot of miles put on the GW by a lot of happy couples. It is also a quiet bike.

Now wait just a minute while I put my kevlar jacket on. OK

Now, have you considered the Harley?

I'm also not too interested in HD bikes due to power and noise issues.

Now wait just a minute while I put my kevlar jacket on. OK

Now, have you considered the Harley?

Reasons for the GW:

1. I want quiet -- very quiet -- I found that I really like quiet

2. I want water cooled -- I don't want any issues being in traffic, etc... plus longevity

3. I need ergos -- harley's are a little smaller than the metrics

4. I want power -- huge amounts of power

5. I want to ride with people who wear helmets and most of the gear .. seems like harley pressure is just the opposite

6. I want an airbag and ABS.

7. I have the 08 Concours for SPORT-touring. Now I need a sport-TOURING bike.

8. Okay, now this one is for the wife -- separately controlled rider/passenger seat heaters

9. Ease of pulling a trailer

I think the harley's are very nice and quality. I could buy one. I just think the GW answers everything I'm looking for.

You harley lovers ... don't let #5 get to you ... just my preference.

I just can't overcome some of the Vision styling elements plus it's air cooled.

The RSV ... well it needs updating really really bad. The GW just seems perfected at this point for the current generation anyway.

I'm posting the RSTD for sale. I will come back to sell the accessories separately in a few weeks if I don't get any bites. I know it's also a hard time to sell a bike...but a good time for MODs !

Reasons for the GW:

1. I want quiet -- very quiet -- I found that I really like quiet

2. I want water cooled -- I don't want any issues being in traffic, etc... plus longevity

3. I need ergos -- harley's are a little smaller than the metrics

4. I want power -- huge amounts of power

5. I want to ride with people who wear helmets and most of the gear .. seems like harley pressure is just the opposite

6. I want an airbag and ABS.

7. I have the 08 Concours for SPORT-touring. Now I need a sport-TOURING bike.

8. Okay, now this one is for the wife -- separately controlled rider/passenger seat heaters

9. Ease of pulling a trailer

I think the harley's are very nice and quality. I could buy one. I just think the GW answers everything I'm looking for.

You harley lovers ... don't let #5 get to you ... just my preference.

I just can't overcome some of the Vision styling elements plus it's air cooled.

The RSV ... well it needs updating really really bad. The GW just seems perfected at this point for the current generation anyway.

I'm posting the RSTD for sale. I will come back to sell the accessories separately in a few weeks if I don't get any bites. I know it's also a hard time to sell a bike...but a good time for MODs !

Go for the Goldwing...it matches up to all your needs, especially two up and a trailer with loads of power and comfort for the wife. You got your Concours...now it's payback...and the GW meets all your expectations.