IGNORED

Hauling RSTD in a 8x16 enclosed Trailer/etrack

Phoneman1981

IF you want total peace of mind do not hesitate on getting a Condor wheel chock. I use etrack on my trailer and its the best..For a RSTD id mount it across the front of trailer,A RSV mount it along the sides of the trailer..I can load up a RSV for a LONG trip in about 5 minutes..using the Condor chock I have never used a rear tire tie down however If you know you are going to be on rough roads just tie the rear tire where it will not walk sideways.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysyHwJRP2lU]YouTube- Condor PS1500 wheel chock set up & demonstration video[/ame]

I have a Condor on my rescue ( Harly Hauler) Trailer, I have yet to use it, but with Brads Hardly and Thom`s 1st. gen I think it will be getting alot of use....

IF you want total peace of mind do not hesitate on getting a Condor wheel chock. I use etrack on my trailer and its the best..For a RSTD id mount it across the front of trailer,A RSV mount it along the sides of the trailer..I can load up a RSV for a LONG trip in about 5 minutes..using the Condor chock I have never used a rear tire tie down however If you know you are going to be on rough roads just tie the rear tire where it will not walk sideways.

I have a Condor on my rescue ( Harly Hauler) Trailer, I have yet to use it, but with Brads Hardly and Thom`s 1st. gen I think it will be getting alot of use....

Now, that is just cold. However, Thom does seem to have some history with trailers.

Hello: I owned the above tandem before I purchased my RSTD. I would like to equip the trailer to haul bikes. Looks like etrack is the way to go. Any suggestions on the etrack/wheel chocks and placement of the track? Thanks.....

Seeing as it is more than 1 scoot, being hauled, I would put E track in the center, for your rear tie downs, as well as the sides on the floor. A workbench in front, is handy for storage when traveling. I used vertical E track to support mine, use the same tie downs across the front to secure the stored items.

There are a few pics of mine in the thread below, but mine is only set up for 1 scoot at the moment. I have all that is needed for re-configuring it for 2 scoots, just haven't installed it.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39470

I have towed the scoot to Vancouver Island & back last winter (to get winter riding in, during the holidays), over the Rockies & had no problems.

:2cents::canada:

I do not have any etrack as of yet. I would prefer to not install it on the origianl floor. I did think about installing etrack on another piece of 4X8 3/4 plywood installed accross the trailer in the front. With two wheel chocks for two different bikes? And then install etrack along the walls to allow tiedown to pull the bike(s) forward. If I want the trailer for other uses then I could simply remove the second piece of plywood to fold it up against the front of the trailer so that I would have a smooth floor at other times. Any thoughts.

I have hauled my bike down to Texas from Michigan in my enclosed and if you have etrack that is great I put a Harbor freight wheel choke 39.99 and you can get clips that go into the e track with d rings on them to tie it down. Do you have e track on the floor??

I love the E track. I put 3 rows in a 14 x 7 enclosed trailer I used to haul motocross bikes and then when I bought my toy hauler camper with the 13 foot cargo bay. Put a screw in every hole down the E track and it stays in place not matter what. I could put the bikes straight or kick them around at a 45 degree angle and put 6 bikes in that 14 x 7 with that e-tract when we would go to the amature national qualifiers. They have so many accessories for that stuff it is amazing. It did not bother a thing when I used the trailer to move a buddy or haul something other than bikes actually it helped me tie that junk down so it would not get banged up. IT is very versitile.

Only thing I do not like about it...mud and dirt gets inside the Etrack and it is a bixxch to get it out. Vacuum after it dries works.