IGNORED

oil filter

gunboat

"IMHO Frams are the worst filters out there!!! Too many horror stories of shreading filters, clogging up, etc to want to never buy another as long as I live!"

Dang, and I've got 4 of them on the shelf in the garage left over from my old VTX days. Anybody want 'em?? LOL! :Laugh:

Guest scarylarry

Hid the wimmen and yuggens it is here.......Lord help us please

Is looking for boomer and his pygmies maybe they stop this....:stirthepot::stirthepot:

hi folks

got a question about a fram tough guard 7317 oil filter. i have been using a walmart super tech #7317 for a while now. but yesterday i went to 2 different walmarts and they didn't have any st7317's on the shelf. i ended buying a fram t/g 7317 filter. this morning i installed this filter and started up the scoot to check for leaks. no leaks and it fit good. when i came in to record the milage in my log, i realized the regular fram filter i could have used is a #ph6017a. any one got an idea if i should go head and use this filter or take it off & replace it. i like to try different things but sure don't want to burn up a engine.

reguards

don c.

I'm glad you found this out...I use the PH6017A. Atleast now I know I can use something else if they are out.

I gave up on brand issues a long time ago as far as oil filters are concerned...Unless they're being used on a race engine and changed regularly, I doubt the life of an engine will ever be an issue.

Hid the wimmen and yuggens it is here.......Lord help us please

Is looking for boomer and his pygmies maybe they stop this....:stirthepot::stirthepot:

You must be talking about that old swabbie CPO. I don't have any pygmies...that I know of! :rotfl:

Now I have to ask what colour is the filter before you paint it ?

Sad to say but I would never even thought about doing this.

Brad

this image is from Purolators website.

http://partsmart.boschwebservices.com/RB/NA/AUTO/AFTERMARKET/PARTSMART/PartSmartImages/PL14612.jpg

Guest scarylarry
You must be talking about that old swabbie CPO. I don't have any pygmies...that I know of! :rotfl:

Sorry man I will be more clearer next time, I was to busy researching oil filters, oil and oh yea tires

"IMHO Frams are the worst filters out there!!! Too many horror stories of shreading filters, clogging up, etc to want to never buy another as long as I live!"

Dang, and I've got 4 of them on the shelf in the garage left over from my old VTX days. Anybody want 'em?? LOL! :Laugh:

Do we have lift off?