IGNORED

Risers installed

Kirby

Ok, I put some 1.5 inch risers on my bike this morning and it was a PITA to do. All the hoses and cables seem to be OK but I found that when I turn to near full lock on the bars, the handlebar clamps hit the center console next to the ignition switch. Does anyone have a remedy for this?? It has already marked the chrome in that area!! Pics below.

Ordered my Baron risers yesterday. Some have talked on here about them hitting at the switch but said it was not a problem with tight turns. Will come around and hit though when parking. I have the black stock piece rater than the chrome. I'll have to watch it.

Have you been riding with them yet. I am anxious to see if it handles better and is more comfortable. Like what you did with the rubber dampers. Where did you get the parts. I'd like to purchase them for mine. Looks good.:thumbsup:

Like what you did with the rubber dampers. Where did you get the parts. I'd like to purchase them for mine. Looks good.:thumbsup:

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Here's what I did on my switch cover. not pretty,:headache: but functional :thumbsup2:

Would probably not show up so much with a black cover. :scratchchin:

Ok, I put some 1.5 inch risers on my bike this morning and it was a PITA to do. All the hoses and cables seem to be OK but I found that when I turn to near full lock on the bars, the handlebar clamps hit the center console next to the ignition switch. Does anyone have a remedy for this?? It has already marked the chrome in that area!! Pics below.

Put the stock switch cover back on.

IIRC the Barons site says the extensions do NOT work with the Chrome switch cover.

Put the stock switch cover back on.

IIRC the Barons site says the extensions do NOT work with the Chrome switch cover.

OK I'll try that but I'm thinking that they are the same. One's just chrome plated and the other isn't.

Hey Kirby, who makes these risers? I'm looking to get some and not real impressed with the ones I've found so far. leeway

Don't really know who makes them, they are for sale on EBAY. They look real good as far as fit and quality of product, I just didn't expect them to hit. Quess I'll have to be more careful about things that people rave about before jumping in next time!

You can always put a piece of that clear "Protector" tape stuff but that is not going to fix the complete travel problem...

PS I will be facing the same problem soon...

I can still turn the bars all the way left and right. They just hit the switch cover and it give enough not to limit travel. I quess I'll either learn to live with it or take them back off. If I had known about this beforehand, I might not have done it.

OK I'll try that but I'm thinking that they are the same. One's just chrome plated and the other isn't.

OH the bars still contct the cover, but the factory cover is flexable and moves out of the way. That is how it works on my bike.

I bought mine directly from Barons, but they did not have the "knobs" to support the rubber bumpers. Do the Gen Mar ones have the "knobs"?

No, I made them according to instructions found on the site.