IGNORED

goldwing tech section

Snarley Bill

looks like the new goldwing tech section is starting to roll. anyone on here that has a wing or is thinking about getting one, check it out. the good info is starting to roll in. eck posted some great info. don't know if i could lay my wing down to change the wheel in the rear, but lots of wing owners do. there's a great movie of a guy doing it in the tech section, thanks to eck. :2133:

I have used my Harbor freight lift ($150.00 lift) to pick up my GW.

I used this same lift on my RSV and on several members RSV's.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_3029.jpg

The GW can be lifted exactly like the RSV, using the same exact lift you presently use with out any adapters.

If you don't feel safe about it, you can strap the GW to the lift as well as you can the RSV.

On the RSV you need spacers to level the bike on the lift. On the GW you need nothing.

I choose to use my center stand in place of the lift, for there is really nothing I need to do that requires the bike to be lifted any higher.

Any Wingers..Can you use a lift to raise the wing off the ground..If not what do you use..I know it has the center stand but curious as to how to lift it way up.

I use a craftsman mc jack. No need for an adaptor or wood blocks like an RSV.

To remove the front wheel, I put it on the center stand then use the jack to tip it back on the rear tire.